• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ali Osman: Family of Arizona man killed by police after he threw rocks at their patrol cars plans to sue for $85 million

Reptile

NES Member
Ali Osman, 34, was killed Sept. 24 after he threw rocks at their cars, Phoenix police said.
The family of an Arizona man fatally shot by Phoenix police after he threw rocks at their patrol vehicles has filed a notice of claim seeking $85 million.

Quacy Smith, an attorney for Ali Osman's family, filed the claim — a precursor to a lawsuit — on Friday naming the city, its police department, Chief Michael Sullivan and two officers as defendants.

"The Claimants seek an award of damages reasonably calculated to compensate for the injuries they suffered in connection with the wrongful death of Ali Osman on September 24, 2022," the claim says.

Osman, 34, died at a hospital after two police officers shot him near an intersection in Phoenix. The police department said the incident stemmed from Osman's hitting police cruisers with rocks. Smith said Osman, who was Somali, was murdered.

"This is not just homicide. This was murder," he said at a news conference this month. "He should be in jail, not in a graveyard."

Police said three officers in two patrol units had just completed an unrelated call and were driving on North 19th Avenue when "they saw a man throwing rocks at their vehicles."

"Both units involved stopped further down the street and spoke with each other about what occurred," Sgt. Brian Bower said in an Oct. 7 video statement.

Continues...

J84dbIEC2dIzxsqX.jpg

They were gone, and decided to drive back and kill him. It was not a proportionate response.
If that's the case your correct however PSGWSP is in play here, had he not had flashbacks to Somalia and not thrown Rock's at the police car he would be alive.

That's the bottom line, prosecute the police without question but it isn't going to bring this kid back, he started this not them.

I bet they went back to arrest the guy for throwing Rock's at them and did the "he was a threat to our lives so we shot him"

There was a case in Massachusetts years back where a dirtbag had a rock and the cop hesitated to fire when he had him at gun point and then the guy threw the rock and killed the cop

FAFO
Good shoot - told to stop, picked up another rock.
Lawyer is a scumbag - his excuse is the guy was throwing the same size rocks as he allows his 4 year old to throw at the neighbor's house.
My experience with Somalis is zero concern for life or property outside their innermost tribal connections. Moral fortitude so low it's negative. Not saying all of them are the same but those I've met are.

My experience with Somalis is zero concern for life or property outside their innermost tribal connections. Moral fortitude so low it's negative. Not saying all of them are the same but those I've met are.
This guy knows. They will steal anything that is not nailed down but lose their shit because you stepped on their dirty sandal they left in the hallway.

People subconsciously apply their Euro-centric/Judeo-Christian values to others and assume we all operate the same way. We DO NOT

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting what you posted I'm just making a point to your post that it isn't specific to Somalian people.

I had a few through the years at the jail and the ones I saw were quiet and didn't mess around with stealing to avoid getting the shit stomped out of them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting what you posted I'm just making a point to your post that it isn't specific to Somalian people.

I had a few through the years at the jail and the ones I saw were quiet and didn't mess around with stealing to avoid getting the shit stomped out of them.
True - they do respect power.
But they also prey on perceived weakness. And they perceived compassion and conformity to social norms as weakness

True - they do respect power.
But they also prey on perceived weakness. And they perceived compassion and conformity to social norms as weakness
You just defined it perfectly and again I will say this is pretty much across the board with all shitbags, save the respect for power because there are some that simply don't care but for the most part people respond to 3 things

1-Pain
2-Fear
3-Intimidation

I get it, and you're right.

My experience with them is each generation is shittier than the preceding one and the shittyness increases exponentially. So nana and papa are pretty polite and well behaved, just extremely backwards and basically live like they're in Africa. Mom and dad are dirtbags. Kids between ages 10 and 20-something are basically every bit as bad as your typical ghetto goblin.

Back
Top Bottom