Alerts not moving to the bottom like they did before?

chris_1001

NES Member
My alerts used to move to the bottom once I opened up the thread and read it. Now they stay in order they are received read or unread. I like the old way where all the new posts were at the top

I did play with a few settings, but try as I might, I cannot figure out how to fix this.

Any Ideas?

I unfortunately had to disable the addon that was making these improvements to the alerts, as there is a larger bug causing alerts to be unable to be marked as read for some people... I'll hopefully be able to re-enable this again at a later time once the bug is squashed.

I unfortunately had to disable the addon that was making these improvements to the alerts, as there is a larger bug causing alerts to be unable to be marked as read for some people... I'll hopefully be able to re-enable this again at a later time once the bug is squashed.
Thanks for the update, I thought I had inadvertently screwed things up iin my settings, hope you can fix it, I don't like the way it is.

Here's my long-time NES browsing habit:

I open the forum (automatically set to "new posts", scroll down to the firearms for sale forum, mark all read, open new posts in a new tab, and then click the bell to see my alerts.

For the last couple of days, none of my unread alerts are marked with the gold star. If I want to see them, I just have to estimate by the time stamp whether I've already seen them, based on the last time I remember visiting.

The gold star is back, so that makes me happy. I don't have to count when checking notifications, or try to remember what time I visited last to see if the notifications are new or previously seen.

Back
Top Bottom