ALERT: RBG Pancreatic Cancer - SCOTUS Statement

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This isn't her first go-around with cancer... I don't know if it's primary pancreatic cancer or a mets from something else.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heere we go.

The Dems are willing to burn down the government to keep her seat from being filled by Trump if she croaks.
The Dems already threatened SCOTUS last week with restructuring if they don't come down with an anti gun ruling for the NYS Rifle/Pistol case. If RBG steps down or dies, the Dem senators are going to be donning Antifa masks while in session.

I think she will resign next year, probably after the June rulings come out. That way the meia can make another narrative about Trump stuffing the courts during an election year. It's a longshot, but the liklihood of RBG living until 2023 is unlikely and her leaving could motivate the Dems to rush out and vote for Sleepy Joe or PeacePipe Warren come next November even if they don't like them.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It's a longshot, but the liklihood of RBG living until 2023 is unlikely and her leaving could motivate the Dems to rush out and vote for Sleepy Joe or PeacePipe Warren come next November even if they don't like them.
Meh.

I don't think as an event this (RBG leaving) is something that is going to motivate wobblies to show up and vote. The only people that fall for that "but the president is stacking the court and is going to overturn Roe! " hyperbole laden trope nonsense are already hardline moonbat dumbasses, who will show up in every election.

-Mike

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
f*** her. We’ve been told that she’s “cancer free” forever now. Those were clearly lies. Good luck to her rotten old ass hanging on long enough for a D president to replace her. [laugh]

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I find myself wishing her health and long life. I don't agree with her approach to decision-making, but she dares to disagree with the bomb-throwers who want to politicize the court, and I appreciate that.
are you kidding? She's the epitome of politicization

I wish her a long life, and remission...off SCOTUS

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Time to step down Ruthie....You're not going to be able to fulfil your duties AND focus on your recovery.... America deserves a justice on it's highest court who is able to serve...

To not do so is selfish, purely political, and you deserve what befalls you if you're willing to eff over an entire country in the name of your ideology.

meh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
are you kidding? She's the epitome of politicization
The left wing of the court doesn't use a textual approach, and consequently, their personal politics frequently show through in their reasoning. That is a sort of "politicization", but it is not new, different, or worse than it's ever been. The threats to the integrity of the court have been much more overtly political, played out by party line votes in the senate, most recently punctuated by the circus of Kavanaugh's confirmation, and followed by threats of packing the court in the future. She disagrees with that politicization, i.e. either side using political litmus tests to determine which appointees meet the Constitutional requirements and which do not. She doesn't give the left a pass on that just because she is a liberal.

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
She had surgery in 2009 for pancreatic cancer. Only 5% of people beat pancreatic. She's tough as nails.
She pickled from the booze. She’s actually been dying since she was born.

I wouldn’t wish PC on anyone either, but I hope she gets hit by a truck and falls off a bridge into a pool of evil sea bass.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I don’t get this wishing her the best stuff. First of all, your wishes (and mine) are worth exactly nothing. So is it virtue signaling, or do you really want her doing well? Is the ideological fight for the future of this country and our children not that important to you? If it was actually up to you somehow would you let her go or give her another 5 years?

Glockster30

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
She said her dream is to last as long on the SC than Justice Stevens, who sat for more than 34 years. She has 26 years in, so she might be around a lot longer than many realize if her heath lets her.

GiveMeLiberty

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t get this wishing her the best stuff. First of all, your wishes (and mine) are worth exactly nothing. So is it virtue signaling, or do you really want her doing well? Is the ideological fight for the future of this country and our children not that important to you? If it was actually up to you somehow would you let her go or give her another 5 years?
If wishing someone the best is worth nothing, why does it bother you? I have watched my father battle brain cancer for the last year and a half. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I can empathize with anyone fighting for their lives against it, regardless of political beliefs. If the future of this country and our children depends on one person, we are already too far gone. Just my opinion.

That's fine, but can I at least wish for her imminent retirement from the bench? [thinking]
Nothing wrong with that at all.

Top Bottom