**Alert** Public Hearing - State House - 11/16/17 Please Attend!

Mike S

NES Member
Here is a link to the GOAL alert: http://blog.goal.org/alert-please-attend-public-hearing-nov-16-11/

Here's an early heads up. The MA Joint Committee on Public Safety has scheduled a mega gun bill hearing for 11/16/17 at 11:00 in room A1 of the State House.

There are over forty 2A related bills to be heard, the good news is that many of them are bills that we want to see passed. The bad news is there are some doozies in there, and the antis are going to be coming after the "Extreme Risk Protection Order" legislation (and related bills) hard.

If you can make it, it would be great to arrive early and not let the demanding moms take over the entire lower bowl with their signs and tee shirts.

A huge crowd, and lots of good testimony can have an impact, please consider coming.

GOAL will have an official alert out about this later today - here's a link for more info: https://malegislature.gov/Events/Hearings/Detail/2824

Last edited:
(*@#&&@#$*(@#%$##$ These people are a pain in the backside, I will make time to be there even if I have to give up a deer hunting day.

Jamie Eldridge is a HUGE support of gun rights! He fights for us!!!

Just kidding. In a tweet to me, he said he would love to see this state ban all guns, period. These people just dont quit. Do they realize that year over year, gun crimes in this state have risen???

**Alert** [Here we go again]

I am so so sick of this shit. so utterly sick of it.

Read through those bills. I could see some anti-gun crap try to sneak in, especially anything by Linsky, Lombardo, Chang-Diaz, Creem and Peisch.

There are about 45 bills and about 10-15 are filthy, 5 are neutral, and 20-25 are pro2A.

Humason, Tarr, and Moore have re-filed some good ones, Miceli has one declaring the 2A a civil right (I like this one - no cost and lays the foundation for a protected status), Dooley provides a way to get your stuff back from
a bonded warehouse, and DeCoste came up with a couple good ones where it actually is “common sense” to be exempt from storage laws if no kids live in the house (god forbid you have a medical emergency in your home and have to shove your pistol in your waistband before 911 arrives)and another bill for reducing LTC/FID fees.

Whether or not any of these pro2A ones will pass is another story.

Last edited:
You would think there are enough freaking laws on the books already. Besides as others have stated, no law is going to stop a bad person from doing bad things.

Jamie Eldridge is a HUGE support of gun rights! He fights for us!!!

Just kidding. In a tweet to me, he said he would love to see this state ban all guns, period. These people just dont quit. Do they realize that year over year, gun crimes in this state have risen???
should have took a screen shot then posted it online

You would think there are enough freaking laws on the books already. Besides as others have stated, no law is going to stop a bad person from doing bad things.

more laws make more lawful people criminals... control the masses that way.

H.2497 - creates a Gun Offender Registry. This can go two ways. You can get more gun laws in MA down the line and eventually merely looking at a standard cap mag will get you on it, which will suck, OR it can highlight who the criminal offenders really are (i.e. any of the suspects with illegal possession on the BPD website), which may come off as “racist” even though the crimes are not due to race but rather illegality.

As usual it will be filled with antigun professional advocates. Easy to show up to every protest and hearing when you don't have a real job or anything worthwhile in your life, so you support useless illegal legislature to make yourself feel like a hero.

Here is a link to the GOAL alert: http://blog.goal.org/alert-please-attend-public-hearing-nov-16-11/

Here's an early heads up. The MA Joint Committee on Public Safety has scheduled a mega gun bill hearing for 11/16/17 at 11:00 in room A1 of the State House.

There are over forty 2A related bills to be heard, the good news is that many of them are bills that we want to see passed. The bad news is there are some doozies in there, and the antis are going to be coming after the "Extreme Risk Protection Order" legislation (and related bills) hard.

If you can make it, it would be great to arrive early and not let the demanding moms take over the entire lower bowl with their signs and tee shirts.

A huge crowd, and lots of good testimony can have an impact, please consider coming.

GOAL will have an official alert out about this later today - here's a link for more info: https://malegislature.gov/Events/Hearings/Detail/2824

If you can take just ONE of your precious and few vacation days, is THIS the one to come to? Because I sat in he front row of that auditorium with my daughter for 9 hours -on a weekday- last time, and had to listen to 'gun show loophole' and 'get guns off the street bullshit- and I don't know if I can do it again without blowing an aneurysm. Especially since they didn't GAF, and we lost.

So 2495 will require me to buy liability insurance to own a firearm and they'll have the authority over the insurance requirements? WTF, can imagine what that will cost people. Soon people won't be able to afford to purchase insurance so they won't be able to own a gun. Am I reading this right?

So 2495 will require me to buy liability insurance to own a firearm and they'll have the authority over the insurance requirements? WTF, can imagine what that will cost people. Soon people won't be able to afford to purchase insurance so they won't be able to own a gun. Am I reading this right?

That's exactly their goal.

If you ask me, that's racist. People of color that make less income will be unfairly stripped of their 2nd amendment rights.

Back
Top Bottom