**Alert** Public Hearing - State House - 11/16/17 Please Attend!

1298 accomplishes the tax too so you'll get hit twice, sickening. The bill will ad an additional tax to firearm and ammunition sales as a means of funding violence prevention initiatives.....so that means whatever they want to do with the money.

Let them pass whatever they want. The sooner it happens the better.

They need to get their wrist slapped in the courts before anything positive happens.

I haven't felt this nauseous since 7-20-16. The water is starting to feel uncomfortable in this pot.

Paraphrasing Linsky at a town hall meeting a few years ago: "Sometimes I put things in there just to see the reaction I'll get".
There are so many things wrong with this guy, but don't make the mistake of thinking that he's stupid. He can push is crazy stuff year after year and know it doesn't have a chance in hell at passing. But the day he proposes stuff and nobody shows up to fight it is the day he knows they can push new infringements through.

My rep is an idiot. I don't think I'm going to bother emailing this guy again, he's a broken record with the same response.

"Thank you for your email regarding the Massachusetts legislature’s passage of a measure regulating bump stocks and trigger cranks. While I supported Rep. Linsky’s original language that would have banned “the possession, ownership, or sale of any device that attaches to a rifle, shotgun, or firearm, other than a magazine, which is designed to increase the rate of fire of said weapon,” I also support the legislative compromise that was agreed to by both the House and the Senate. This new language clearly defines bump stocks and trigger cranks, and provides for them to be regulated in the same manner as machine guns in Massachusetts. I am proud to have supported this measure, and believe that it will continue Massachusetts’ leadership on the issue of gun safety.

We cannot wait on federal agencies, such as the ATF, or rely on Congress to take action on this important issue of public safety when doing so would risk a tragedy similar to what transpired in Las Vegas occurring here in the Commonwealth. I should note that I take as a given that we have the right, indeed responsibility, to be seriously concerned about the epidemic of gun violence. I also take as a given that the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms for the common defense. However, I do not subscribe to the mistaken argument that the 2nd Amendment means that we cannot pass and enforce meaningful regulations that protect public safety, just as the constitutional protection of free speech does not preclude regulation of libelous speech, incitement to violence, or yelling “fire” in a crowded theatre.

Although we may have to agree to disagree, I applaud your advocacy on this important issue and I hope that you will not hesitate to reach out to me again on this or any other matter of importance to you.

Warmly,

Jay R. Kaufman"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamie Eldridge is a HUGE support of gun rights! He fights for us!!!

Just kidding. In a tweet to me, he said he would love to see this state ban all guns, period. These people just dont quit. Do they realize that year over year, gun crimes in this state have risen???
If it is a tweet, even a direct one, it should be preserved unless he deleted it. Could we see it?

The building is open to the public at 8:00 AM M - F No idea when Room A1 would be open to letting people in though.

I have been trying to pick through the bills and trying to jump from them to the MGLs and trying to see what changes and how it pans out... Confused and exhausted but honestly if I read some of Sen. Humason bills .....bravo to him for putting some effort into several bills.

Now time to email and call Demacedo and Calter< pretty much know which way hes going.

Does anyone else think maybe be this post is getting less attention than it needs to because it is a sticky? Honestly I usually scroll right past the "sticky" topics and straight to the most recent topics below. Maybe the mods can do an experiment?

[FONT=&quot]"Gun control advocates plan to rally outside the Statehouse ahead of the hearing Thursday to call on lawmakers to oppose efforts to loosen gun restrictions."

That quote is from this article in the Newburyport News. If you can get to the Statehouse on Thursday, that would be a good day to be there and be visible. [/FONT]

Sounds like the demanding moms are going to have a pep rally on the stairs out front before the hearing. This should be fun.

Does anyone else think maybe be this post is getting less attention than it needs to because it is a sticky? Honestly I usually scroll right past the "sticky" topics and straight to the most recent topics below. Maybe the mods can do an experiment?

Yes!

Yes. I usually don't even look as I scroll past the stickies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the demanding moms are going to have a pep rally on the stairs out front before the hearing. This should be fun.
The timing of the Globe's confiscation fantasy article makes sense now. The presstitutes got paid by Bloomberg's Monsanto Madame.

Here is my draft of the letter I'll be E-mailing to the committee.

Dear Members of the Committee,
While I cannot be in attendance at Thursday’s public hearing, I wish to make my voice heard.
I cannot express strongly enough my opposition to the Anti-Second Amendment bills being considered. These bills are represented as ‘common sense’ or ‘reasonable’, they are neither. I have read the overview of these bills and I find no issue within the Commonwealth that they could reasonably be expected to fix. They add additional layers of bureaucracy and cost to a constitutionally protected right, that plainly states “….shall not be infringed.”.
Lawful firearms owners already pay $100 or more for classes to apply for a license, then must pay an additional $100 every six years for the license itself. Using voting as an example; this activity requires no classes or license; we are also told that a picture ID is too heavy a burden to impose. The cost of this ID would be as little as $25 for five years.
In general, restrictions and prohibitions on citizens of the Commonwealth make no sense in light that the reason for these are the deeds of persons outside the state that have never set foot within or are even known by one of its citizens.
In regards to the proposed ‘taking’ of the so-called ‘Pre-Ban’ magazines, how much will the citizens be reimbursed for their property? Do you know who owns and how many of these magazines there are? Was this issue addressed with the recent ‘bump-stock’ budget amendment? How is that proposed to be done?
In regards to proposed mandatory insurance, again a cost factor. If someone chose or could not afford insurance, would their rights be stripped and property seized? How would that be accomplished?
I also see additional taxes, caliber and other bans being mentioned in these bills. One bill mentions 50 caliber rifles; in my exploration of the issue it appears that less than 10 actual shootings (including Mexico with US origin firearms) have been reported with this rifle. Twenty-thousand (minimum) of this caliber of rifle are in civilian hands – meaning a crime rate of less than 0.05%. The ten most used ‘crime guns’ according to the ATF include one shotgun and nine handguns (two revolvers and seven semi-automatics) and no Glock is on the list.
We are wasting time and energy on non or minuscule issues.
My suggestion would be to fully implement NICS compliance within the Commonwealth to ensure that the national database has the most complete information including mental health issues. Utilize Bartley-Fox, especially with career criminals and gang members that are regularly released with little or no time served.
In regards to the bills that are Pro-Second Amendment and Pro-Freedom; if these are adopted they will still leave us with among the strictest laws in the country, but will allow a truly reasonable approach.
Specifically, Modern Sporting Rifles (MSRs) known in the Commonwealth as Assault Weapons. These rifles are unregulated in all but a few states – meaning if you pass the NICS check you may buy the rifle. No license or classes required as they are in Massachusetts. The continued ban negatively effects my ability to enjoy various competition shooting events and hunting activities that this style rifle excels at, wild hog hunting for example. While certain individuals have used these rifles to terrible ends, certain others have used rental trucks, knives and battery acid as well.
Online ammunition sales have also been in media reports as of late. To be clear, forty (40) states have no regulation on this issue. Ammunition is useless without a firearm; further a short drive to Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine allows anyone to purchase whatever ammunition they require. Online ammunition sales prohibitions are needless regulations, especially if to place the order you must submit a copy of your Massachusetts Firearms License. In my case, I utilize odd calibers and/or cartridge selections that are just not stocked on local gun shop shelves. I currently drive over an hour to New Hampshire to locate my ammunition – I invariably buy additional items in New Hampshire on my trip. If I could have it shipped to my home, I would buy the other items locally.
A little information about me; I have been a lifelong citizen of Massachusetts and only lived outside the Commonwealth while on active duty in the United States Air Force.
In closing I would urge you to defer to Freedom and not infringing on the rights of all due to the crimes of a few. I ask you to look to our neighbors to the north; Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. All three are ‘Constitutional Carry’; no license required and only a federal background check. Noting that they fall among the top six (6) most peaceful states including a lower murder rate than Massachusetts that sits at the sixteenth most violent. Firearms are not the cause; however, the lack of effective defense worsens violent crime.

Sincerely,
GM-GUY
Molon Labe

(Sorry the formatting didn't come through from Word)

My plan was for my FiL to get the kids home and inside in the afternoon, but he is flying to Texas - I have no one else so I miss the meeting.

I was going to put in the letter about using their rationale, we should subpoena all the records from every Speaker of the House as the last 4 or 5 have been indicted and in some cases sent to federal prison. Also I could have thrown in how Democrats/Liberal Protected Groups seem to be the ones doing the shooting - the GOP/Conservatives appear to be what they always are, law abiding. I thought it might be too much, the Molon Labe is there though.

Last edited:

Yes I agree. I have always preferred that important messages get left in the general pile rather than stickied, and then bumped to the top by interested parties — I honestly think more people see it that way.

Here is my draft of the letter I'll be E-mailing to the committee.

Dear Members of the Committee,
While I cannot be in attendance at Thursday’s public hearing, I wish to make my voice heard.
I cannot express strongly enough my opposition to the Anti-Second Amendment bills being considered. These bills are represented as ‘common sense’ or ‘reasonable’, they are neither. I have read the overview of these bills and I find no issue within the Commonwealth that they could reasonably be expected to fix. They add additional layers of bureaucracy and cost to a constitutionally protected right, that plainly states “….shall not be infringed.”.
Lawful firearms owners already pay $100 or more for classes to apply for a license, then must pay an additional $100 every six years for the license itself. Using voting as an example; this activity requires no classes or license; we are also told that a picture ID is too heavy a burden to impose. The cost of this ID would be as little as $25 for five years.
In general, restrictions and prohibitions on citizens of the Commonwealth make no sense in light that the reason for these are the deeds of persons outside the state that have never set foot within or are even known by one of its citizens.
In regards to the proposed ‘taking’ of the so-called ‘Pre-Ban’ magazines, how much will the citizens be reimbursed for their property? Do you know who owns and how many of these magazines there are? Was this issue addressed with the recent ‘bump-stock’ budget amendment? How is that proposed to be done?
In regards to proposed mandatory insurance, again a cost factor. If someone chose or could not afford insurance, would their rights be stripped and property seized? How would that be accomplished?
I also see additional taxes, caliber and other bans being mentioned in these bills. One bill mentions 50 caliber rifles; in my exploration of the issue it appears that less than 10 actual shootings (including Mexico with US origin firearms) have been reported with this rifle. Twenty-thousand (minimum) of this caliber of rifle are in civilian hands – meaning a crime rate of less than 0.05%. The ten most used ‘crime guns’ according to the ATF include one shotgun and nine handguns (two revolvers and seven semi-automatics) and no Glock is on the list.
We are wasting time and energy on non or minuscule issues.
My suggestion would be to fully implement NICS compliance within the Commonwealth to ensure that the national database has the most complete information including mental health issues. Utilize Bartley-Fox, especially with career criminals and gang members that are regularly released with little or no time served.
In regards to the bills that are Pro-Second Amendment and Pro-Freedom; if these are adopted they will still leave us with among the strictest laws in the country, but will allow a truly reasonable approach.
Specifically, Modern Sporting Rifles (MSRs) known in the Commonwealth as Assault Weapons. These rifles are unregulated in all but a few states – meaning if you pass the NICS check you may buy the rifle. No license or classes required as they are in Massachusetts. The continued ban negatively effects my ability to enjoy various competition shooting events and hunting activities that this style rifle excels at, wild hog hunting for example. While certain individuals have used these rifles to terrible ends, certain others have used rental trucks, knives and battery acid as well.
Online ammunition sales have also been in media reports as of late. To be clear, forty (40) states have no regulation on this issue. Ammunition is useless without a firearm; further a short drive to Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine allows anyone to purchase whatever ammunition they require. Online ammunition sales prohibitions are needless regulations, especially if to place the order you must submit a copy of your Massachusetts Firearms License. In my case, I utilize odd calibers and/or cartridge selections that are just not stocked on local gun shop shelves. I currently drive over an hour to New Hampshire to locate my ammunition – I invariably buy additional items in New Hampshire on my trip. If I could have it shipped to my home, I would buy the other items locally.
A little information about me; I have been a lifelong citizen of Massachusetts and only lived outside the Commonwealth while on active duty in the United States Air Force.
In closing I would urge you to defer to Freedom and not infringing on the rights of all due to the crimes of a few. I ask you to look to our neighbors to the north; Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. All three are ‘Constitutional Carry’; no license required and only a federal background check. Noting that they fall among the top six (6) most peaceful states including a lower murder rate than Massachusetts that sits at the sixteenth most violent. Firearms are not the cause; however, the lack of effective defense worsens violent crime.

Sincerely,
GM-GUY
Molon Labe

(Sorry the formatting didn't come through from Word)

My plan was for my FiL to get the kids home and inside in the afternoon, but he is flying to Texas - I have no one else so I miss the meeting.

I was going to put in the letter about using their rationale, we should subpoena all the records from every Speaker of the House as the last 4 or 5 have been indicted and in some cases sent to federal prison. Also I could have thrown in how Democrats/Liberal Protected Groups seem to be the ones doing the shooting - the GOP/Conservatives appear to be what they always are, law abiding. I thought it might be too much, the Molon Labe is there though.
m
Fantastic letter!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I agree. I have always preferred that important messages get left in the general pile rather than stickied, and then bumped to the top by interested parties — I honestly think more people see it that way.

glad I am not the only one... probably why this topic has so few views and replies Compared to the to the others!

I should have included my address and phone number - damn it.

Ohh well, they can reply to the email or utilize that and my name to send the SWAT team after me if they want. (Only half joking).

Thanks to all attending, those writing (EVERYONE SHOULD) and those who plan to speak at the hearing.

Back
Top Bottom