WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
Let's face it: this was political theater. I didn't see anything about it in the local news sites today, and most of the people I talk to neither know about the legislation or hearings, and mostly don't care. The gun control freaks were filling up their spank banks, or getting in their re-election sound bytes.

With luck all the noise we have been making will have a meaningful impact, but it's hard to say right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you'd have to have an opponent, first you have to get a candidate to run against them. Good luck.

Exactly, the unopposed candidates are a huge problem, there are 0, zip, nada consequences for their votes.

I've gotta say I've only made it up to page 60. What I do have to say is maybe if people got off the ****ing computer and found a way to get down there we wouldn't have had our asses handed to us. I just got home a little bit ago and left at 6am. Seriously WTF guys what a pathetic showing. Everyone on here will kick and scream and say rah rah rah molon labe bullshit yet in reality are a bunch of ****ing sheep. I'm with hkdrummer on the pathetic turnout. We did everything we could with the banner, hand outs, petition, and media interviews. What did you do today?

Props to Jim Wallace as he delivered some good sound bytes used in that boston.com article. GOAL (et Jim) catches a lot of shit, but at this point we really need to be supporting those front and center in this battle. This entire gun grab in the name of stopping "gun violence" makes my head explode.

I've gotta say I've only made it up to page 60. What I do have to say is maybe if people got off the ****ing computer and found a way to get down there we wouldn't have had our asses handed to us. I just got home a little bit ago and left at 6am. Seriously WTF guys what a pathetic showing. Everyone on here will kick and scream and say rah rah rah molon labe bullshit yet in reality are a bunch of ****ing sheep. I'm with hkdrummer on the pathetic turnout. We did everything we could with the banner, hand outs, petition, and media interviews. What did you do today?

Excuse you. I was there. I posted pictures from in front of the state house. So before you go subtly using the quotes from my sig to call me out for not being there... ask.

Oh and I also helped hand out Pamphlets.

I agree that the turnout was pathetic. Our rectums will be plumbed nonetheless (IF WE COMPLY).

The legislature looked incredibly bored and DGAF about us. They hate guns, but won't address poverty, poor education, parental malaise, lack of economic opportunities, the fail WoD, etc.

Last edited:
how many minds did you change today?

Glad you're so passionate dude, but move on.

Even if 10,000 people showed up today, the outcome would be no different.

They don't give a shit about you, or what you have to say. Their minds are already made up.

I went for as long as I could and it was a complete waste of time. still went because I'll try anything I can, but it absolutely accomplished nothing. and when you think about it, the other side doesn't win anything either, they don't change anyone's minds at these things

I went for as long as I could and it was a complete waste of time. still went because I'll try anything I can, but it absolutely accomplished nothing. and when you think about it, the other side doesn't win anything either, they don't change anyone's minds at these things

They don't have to.

If all this shit passes, I would say Mass is pretty much gone...call it a complete lost cause if you want (I know, you might think it already is, BUT take a look at NJ, NY and CA and I'd say Mass is better...in some cases far better,i.e., does anyone here know anyone in NJ that is not an LEO or armored car guard with a carry permit? I doubt it.

If these bills pass, then we're done. Last one out turn out the lights.

Thank you to all who came out today.
the first member to fnd me at the 21ststatehouse amendment wins a drink of their choice.
Checkered shirt, goatee, about 6'

They don't have to.

no, they don't. because the turnout today actually accurately represents the people of this state, with the other 80 percent not giving a shit until it affects them

- - - Updated - - -

If all this shit passes, I would say Mass is pretty much gone...call it a complete lost cause if you want (I know, you might think it already is, BUT take a look at NJ, NY and CA and I'd say Mass is better...in some cases far better,i.e., does anyone here know anyone in NJ that is not an LEO or armored car guard with a carry permit? I doubt it.

If these bills pass, then we're done. Last one out turn out the lights.
only a few will pass, but any is too many. but it will be called a compromise because they didn't **** us harder. And everyone will lap it up

I finally got to testify just before 7 o'clock. It was clean concise and well spoken. Unfortunately, there was only a handful of people Left in the room to hear it.

Now, I just hope the committee doesn't break the record of doing nothing and pass any of these garbage bills out of committee

I'm watching the hearing and, I'm wondering why.

I hear all the heartfelt pleas from everyday people. Speaking in plain words which are easily understood. Not suits. Not 'Panels' sponsored by large wallets. These people went out of their way to leave their daily responsibilities behind to work at, and present their feelings with honest passion. They sit and speak, using every possible ounce of guts, into that microphone and control their emotions. And they do it well. It makes me feel good.....till the next day when we get porked.

I hope, and it's a big hope, that every one of the newly licensed folks, have the muster to stand up to have their voices heard if these things get passed.

Last edited:
I just caught the tail end of the hearing on the video feed.... you know, I watch the panels (primarily Naughtons) interaction with the speakers and he seems very receptive. It seemed the same way when I went to the Worcester hearing. He seemed to glaze over for the continual regurgitated talking points from the anti crowd but definitely seemed to interact more with the individuals on the pro-2a crowd. Maybe it is just because they were individuals rather than panels. It makes me wonder who really pulled the strings at this hearing. Who stacked the deck to allow all the panels - the exceptional, enlightened, beautiful, people - to consume the entire morning to speak in front of the news cameras? I have to seriously doubt if that was really Naughton's, and even Timilty's doing. Not that it really matters... if someone else is pulling the strings then that just means Naughton and Timilty are puppets anyways...

Glad you're so passionate dude, but move on.

Even if 10,000 people showed up today, the outcome would be no different.

They don't give a shit about you, or what you have to say. Their minds are already made up.

I agree. Best thing for anyone to do at this point is move to a free state!

You want to do something about MA laws that will really make a difference? Move.

Look at all of the people on here that have moved north recently. I am beginning to lose track it's so many.

Best decision I ever made.

[bs2] You can run, but you can't hide.

A fight for freedom anywhere is a fight for freedom EVERYWHERE. How much longer do you think NH will hang on if MA goes even more FR than it is now?

Wait, you moved to NH.

Keep in mind, of the 60 many of them are bills we should be supporting. It's not 60 anti gun bills.

Yes! Way to keep positive!

How many people were at the previous rally?

1500-2000 conservatively

This was not originally a "rally". It was a hearing, and got a "rally" tacked on at the end.

Or you can do what I did . . . I USMailed 4 copies of my testimony today. They will have it in hand by tomorrow or Friday. One each to the Committee Chairs and one each to my own State Rep and State Senator.

There is no magic in handing it in in person vs. USMailing it in to the Chairs. Email will probably be ignored, so that is not a good option.

I agree with you. For some it is more difficult than for others. So for some of us it will take a bit longer and some advance planning, but my plan is "exit stage left" and it could be as early as next year.

I would also mail to the individual members of the committee.

Let me give you a serious answer.

I started getting involved in gun legislative action in 1976 and can tell you that in 37 years we have WON NO GROUND in MA, not an inch . . . but we have lost by miles over that time. I went to the state house to testify (and spoke) for more than 20 years. What I learned: They glad-hand us, they don't listen to our side, they go to the "back room" with the paid lobbyists (antis all) after the public hearing and decide what will happen, they don't record our verbal testimony, they come and go/read magazines/papers/play with cell phones while we are testifying, the many (committee members) that aren't in the room when you speak will never hear what you said (I've been there when 14 of the 16 had left the room while we testified)!

My State Rep (someone I've known for >30 years and know all of his Family as well) told me that if you USMail (or hand in) written testimony, the Chairs will make copies, bundle it together and send a copy to all 16 members.

... I'm not even a NH resident (yet), but I've met 4 or 5 NH State Reps at gun shows and if I was an hour earlier I would have met a sitting Governor a few years ago! You can actually hold a conversation with these people, you don't have to only speak to an aide who may or may not communicate what you said to his/her boss!

It's a different world and as much as some moonbats will likely move in and try to push their agenda in NH, I seriously doubt that they will get their way anytime in the next 20-30 years as the infrastructure these moonbats want would force NH to tax everything that moves or doesn't, lives or dies . . . to death and most NH residents are smart enough and would never stand for that.

You can fight for the next 20 years in MA but you will win nothing at the ballot box or at the state house. MA is "cooked" and nothing will change in these institutions! Comm2A will chip away at the laws but the pace that might be expected thru the courts means it will likely take 30-50 years to get to where we should be in MA. Personally, I don't expect to be on this side of the grass in 30-50 years as I'm already a great deal older than most of you and I'm thankful for my age at this point as I look at where this whole country is headed! ...

True enough on the first thoughts. Not true on the later ones. I think NH is a few influential moonbats (and Bloomberg's $$) away from some new bad laws.

It does suck that we are fighting to hold the status quo. That said, I am optimistic about the deregulation of pepper spray, and I am also hopeful that police chiefs will lose at least some of their discretion, though I find the ladder unlikely. /QUOTE]

The way I look at it, imagine how bad it would be if nobody fought at all? Imagine if nobody showed up today? I think the pepper spray law needs to be amended to allow ages 14-18 to carry it with parental permission. I am the one who told Kim Ferguson to file that bill, and will see if she might like to amend it herself.

If it is like the Springfield hearing, everyone that signs up to speak, will have a chance to be heard. We couldn't get into the building until after 11am there, but still signed up to speak. The last speaker there was at 5pm. Naughton made a comment that he could go to 10 pm on his water and powerbars, so I assume that the Boston hearing will be the same.

I wonder how late it went today. Anyone?

It's just a manner of etiquette and manners. You're in the statehouse giving testimony, don't show up in stained ripped jeans and a wife beater if you just intend to stay out front then sure where whatever you want to wear.

It is their house. If you want respect, play by their rules and show some respect. You don't go to a formal wedding with dungarees and sneakers.

Is anyone planning on pointing out how most (if not all) of the 'anti' groups that show up to these hearings have no clue as to what is already law in Ma? They seem to be pushing for stuff that can only be done on the fed level and that is more or less already on the books in this hellhole in one way or another.

Done. ;-)

I'm coming in late to the discussion but I'm asking myself, "What would the opposition wear and what would they act like if they were among us and wanted us to look bad?"

A "Gun Bless America" shirt?

last time I was in there (the upper level) they don't let you take pictures or video (I still snagged some by hiding my cell) not sure if its different rules for occasions like this

I wonder if the video from today is available somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom