• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***ALERT!! IT'S TIME TO RALLY***STATEHOUSE HEARING AND RALLY SEPTEMBER 13TH***

WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
Will going into the statehouse be required? That makes a difference as to my "attire" and/or "outfit accessories"....

No. The rally is outside. The hearing will be inside. If people want to testify that's great (and dress and accessorize correctly for entering the statehouse) but we need THOUSANDS outside. Testifying is not required but written testimony and oral testimony from those who are comfortable with it is encouraged.

Note: if you read some of this proposed legislation it will make you physically sick. Our esteemed representative, Ms. Creem, has a bill which will charge a " 4.75 percent shall be imposed on sales at retail of all ammunition, rifles, shotguns, firearms or parts thereof"

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/188/Senate/S1126

To go to a "violence prevention fund" , which "addresses" exposure to "depicted violence" (whatever the hell that means)

Provided that priority shall be given to programs that support the provision of school resource officers, programs to address youth exposure to actual and depicted violence, and training of police in handling incidents involving persons suffering from mental illness.

And it goes on. Kiss the gun shows goodbye.

(b) Not less than 60 days prior to a scheduled gun show, a gun show organizer shall notify the commissioner of the department of criminal justice information services in writing of the date, time, place, and the names and license numbers of dealers expected to attend the gun show and shall submit a registration fee of $500 payable to the department of criminal justice information services.

Also let's confiscate those lawfully owned 50 BMG rifles before they destroy any more innocent families!

it shall be unlawful to sell, purchase, rent, lease or possess a .50 BMG rifle or .50 BMG cartridge. Any person violating this section shall be punished by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor mor

tentiave in... need to work out how to be 'sick' that day. PLAN on being there, just don't want to promise anyone a ride because I wont know whats happening...

Only 40 people have committed.... we need to flood the place

Before the GOAL rally on the common people were wetting themselves because so few people from NES had committed to go. We still had a good turn out although a lot of the people I talked to had never even heard of NES. Same with the State House rally in January.

Let's stop pissing on each other and work together for once. It's a couple weeks away. The fact that we don't have 1000 people committed yet to an event with an unspecified time is no big deal.

I will be working on deconstructing the proposed laws. I started this thread here
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/massachusetts-laws/219856-absurdity-proposed-laws.html

My original thread on S1116 (a bit more detailed)
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-laws/194873-proposed-senate-bill-1116-a.html

Please feel free to correct my reading of any proposal and feel free to list your reading of any proposed laws. Doing this will help people write testimony as to why they are against specific proposals.

Here's another one I did earlier:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...36-act-closing-automatic-rifle-loopholes.html
Here's a pro 2A one that someone else did:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-relative-equitable-firearm-license-fees.html
One to allow MA residents to mail order ammunition:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/massachusetts-laws/200074-h-2181-bill-we-can-support.html

S1126:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/massachusetts-laws/194926-proposed-senate-bill-s1126.html Very bad

Let's stop pissing on each other and work together for once.

I couldn't agree any more. It's extremely discouraging that when you go from thread to thread, there seems to be an insane amount of in fighting on extremely trivial things when it really comes down to it. We desperately need to unify for this.

someone tell me who to contact at NRA, to better spread the word and up the attendance at this, and I'll call them tomorrow to get them to send an email alert. Ditto GOA, etc etc

GOAL is our NRA contact. They move things up the chain. They did it for the Westford proposed ban.

In.

To everyone that's moving to NH, remember that right now, any time we leave New England we have to pass through New York, and deal with their threats. CT is not much better. If we lose any more ground here in MA, you'll have to plan around yet another state with enmity towards your free and natural travel. It's not getting easier any time soon.

Add to this the always present the threat of Mass-holes moving north to corrupt your safe haven. We are all in this together, even after you leave.

Sent from my Infernal Machine

I'll be there at 8am. I've never been to one of these before, what should I expect?

lots of fun people talking and being EXTREAMLY polite to everyone else (including any police). dress professionally and DONT OPEN CARRY so if you get on TV you present the best face for gun owners. If you can make a sign, bring it... there was a thread on here a while back that had a bunch of good ideas

BTW, if you plan on carrying, boston common has some laws about not carrying there and you cant get into the state house either.

From Merriam-Webster:

yeo·man /ˈjoʊmən/ (noun) plural yeo·men
1 : an officer in the U.S. Navy who works as a clerk
2 : a farmer in the past who owned a small amount of land

yeoman's work/service also yeoman work/service
1 : very good, hard, and valuable work that someone does especially to support a cause, to help a team, etc.
"They've done yeoman's work for the organization."

Penny Pincher is doing Yeoman's work.
ALL must give some...
SOME will give all.

~Matt

One of the biggest things I can't stress enough about this...... WRITTEN TESTIMONY. We should be gathering piles and piles of this stuff to bring into the statehouse. This is extremely important.

At our western mass 2a coalition meeting last night we started putting a car pool together and we're going to bring out our "protect our children and the second amendment" banner and our citizens petition. At the Springfield hearing I spoke and presented 81 pages of signed petitions with at least 25 signatures on each. I also read it in to the record. Are any of you guys willing to assist us in getting the petition signed, holding the banner, and handing out the flyer we have breaking down the new laws. We need help so we can cycle through and speak again etc. The antis will engage you with the line "end gun violence". To that the best disarming response is we absolutely agree, since lawful owners are not the issue here we need to work together on this.

We are taking the drive out from the western part of the state. Who can and will help us? Being a keyboard commando is great and all but this type of stuff is what we need to do.

Back
Top Bottom