• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***ALERT!! IT'S TIME TO RALLY***STATEHOUSE HEARING AND RALLY SEPTEMBER 13TH***

WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
Lol fat lazy women who would scream at a racoon and call the cops instead of animal control.. They remind me of women of Wellesley who are on the radio show "the wellesley police blotter"

"You wanna know what it looks like when you get shot? It looks like meat." Really...any different than what it looks like when you are stabbed, drawn and quartered, crushed to death, impaled by a spears, blunt force trauma, etc etc? ****ing emotions. That's all they have to play on.

I am surprised that they allow non residents to address the committee... in my town, you cant address town meeting unless you are a resident of the town or get approval via a vote by the meeting members.

Be careful what you ask for. Deb (PennyPincher), now a NH resident, just spoke eloquently for our side! Thanks Deb!

I went to this meeting with the hopes that it would be better than Springfield...It was a "clear Dog and Pony" show". to say the least.
Apologies to the other NES"r that coined this term.
I was completely disgusted.
The three minute time limit was routinely violated especially when our ( and I use this term loosely) " representatives were speaking.
I stayed until Linsky spoke (I was there for three hours) and then I just couldn't take it any more.
Same old same old from Patrick..outlawing twenty year old magazines to reduce crime.
I did hand in written testimony anyways and went outside to help with the petition drive.
Maybe we should change our tactics to include lots of mail to out "rulers".
They are bean counters.
Maybe we should be mentioning the recalls in Colorado, and the failure of the assault weapons ban
to pass in California. We won there , maybe we can still pull it off here.
Naughton strikes me as anything but a fool...and he knows most of what he is hearing is total BS.
But what really counts is the nmbers of votes that are believed to be won or lost on this issue.

Yea, that will work but that's not their agenda anyways. And in Ten years we will get more crime and they will spout the need
for more gun control.

"You wanna know what it looks like when you get shot? It looks like meat." Really...any different than what it looks like when you are stabbed, drawn and quartered, crushed to death, impaled by a spears, blunt force trauma, etc etc? ****ing emotions. That's all they have to play on.

Exactly. These pieces of shit love using "for the children" type emotions to get what they want. Or feel like they actually matter.

I was there for seven hours and had to leave. What a shit show....they paraded out all of the anti's for the first 6 hours. Panels and panels of anti gunners. A few pro people made it through but not many. Wanted to testify but couldn't stay any longer. Good luck to all that are able to stay and hopefully speak your piece. They should make everyone wait in line instead of giving their buddies preferential treatment - that was to be expected.

Sad to say but the deck was heavily stacked against us on this one. Even the police rep with Menino was lying about FID's and other things. Unbelievable and completely shameless. The amount of mis-information and dis-information was simply staggering. I never appreciated how bad Conoly was - like he was auditioning for a reality beauty show. They also brought out the families of the Newtown victims. Wow, that's akin to playing the race card. There were at least 5:1 antis to pro 2A people, maybe more.

Jim did a good job, Chang Diaz went after him about 1-gun a month BS. Not sure who was at the table with him (aside from the NRA guy). Missed that part of the talk.

What a cluster.

Last edited:
Just watched a half hour of Fox News..... Not a Dam peep. Shameful

Let's face it: this was political theater. I didn't see anything about it in the local news sites today, and most of the people I talk to neither know about the legislation or hearings, and mostly don't care. The gun control freaks were filling up their spank banks, or getting in their re-election sound bytes.

With luck all the noise we have been making will have a meaningful impact, but it's hard to say right now.

- - - Updated - - -

This.

NEVER happen in MA.

Since you'd have to have an opponent, first you have to get a candidate to run against them. Good luck.

Let's face it: this was political theater. I didn't see anything about it in the local news sites today, and most of the people I talk to neither know about the legislation or hearings, and mostly don't care. The gun control freaks were filling up their spank banks, or getting in their re-election sound bytes.

With luck all the noise we have been making will have a meaningful impact, but it's hard to say right now.

Newtown parents make appeals to Mass. lawmakers - News Local Massachusetts - Boston.com

WCVB (Channel 5) covered it. Someone else prior mentioned that Channel 7 also had coverage.

Back
Top Bottom