• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***ALERT!! IT'S TIME TO RALLY***STATEHOUSE HEARING AND RALLY SEPTEMBER 13TH***

WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
Lame i wanted to go but was in school. Watching the live stream as i do my greek homework..

I would love if this continued so i could come there tomorrow

Channel 5 news is covering the hearing right now. So far they're playing the Newtown card, showing the parents of a victim.

Dan Issler (Pro 2A) was shown in an interview. Reporter said (in reference to Mayor Menino/Gov. Patrick) 'more work needs to be done' [for gun control]; 'the opposition had a chance to speak as well'.

ETA: I think this is the video clip I just saw air: Newtown parents push gun control during Massachusetts statehouse visit | Metro News - WCVB Home

Last edited:
Channel 5 news is covering the hearing right now. So far they're playing the Newtown card, showing the parents of a victim.

Dan Issler (Pro 2A) was shown in an interview. Reporter said (in reference to Mayor Menino/Gov. Patrick) 'more work needs to be done' [for gun control]; 'the opposition had a chance to speak as well'.

ETA: I think this is the video clip I just saw air: Newtown parents push gun control during Massachusetts statehouse visit | Metro News - WCVB Home

I just saw the same thing on Channel 7... they just shrugged off the 2nd amendment supporters and focused on the non-residents from Connecticut.

sorry I could only hang out outside for a half hour or so. I wanted to stay longer but my work car is lo-jacked now and getting fired for being in the wrong section of the city wouldnt help the cause much. It was nice seeing as many people as did show up even with the weather we had.

I just saw the same thing on Channel 7... they just shrugged off the 2nd amendment supporters and focused on the non-residents from Connecticut.

saw the same thing, as well as heard it on WBZ... the only pro gun person the had sounded VEARY young and not veary well spoken (sorry if its anyone on here)

The gun owners in this state are about to be porked hardcore, like they have never been before. The wife and I are going to look at houses out of state tomorrow. I did what I could, testified, sent in written testimony joined GOAL,NRA etc nothings going to matter.

Not to be to tin foil hatty but I imagine they've kicked that idea around at the water cooler. Keep pushing till it reaches a sh**storm and people start popping off rounds, Deval declares martial law bringing the guard, confiscates all firearms. Agenda accomplished. So some people get killed, the results will justify the means using moon bat logic.

In the end it will come down to you shooting them or them using the police to shoot you.

Choose.

The gun owners in this state are about to be porked hardcore, like they have never been before. The wife and I are going to look at houses out of state tomorrow. I did what I could, testified, sent in written testimony joined GOAL,NRA etc nothings going to matter.

Sorry to say, but you are 100% right.

We can only be porked if we are willing participants. Whoever complies with laws that infringe their rights are willing participants; the government cant take what they didn't grant.

+1

Choke the courts with cases of people who are not criminals up until the effective date and state they did nothing and are now facing years in jail.

As I said before, what we have to do now is to keep up the pressure on our local reps. I plan on calling mine again next week and, when she has local office hours, I am going to go speak with her and I will be calling both my Senators. We need to keep up the pressure directly on our Representatives and the Senators that are actually going to vote on these things. Everyone knows that this is just political theater... It was pretty shameless for the anti's to bring the Newtown people. I am surprised that they allow non residents to address the committee... in my town, you cant address town meeting unless you are a resident of the town or get approval via a vote by the meeting members.

Im optimistic.

We shall see.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

what did the Harvard prof say

He said basically that the cost of owning a gun, costs the state 100 billion dollars per year (just a random estimation that he somehow came up with...) and does our freedom or rights to bear arms equate to that amount (is it worth it). He doesn't think so....

Then a rep on the board said why don't you ask the people in Syria (and named other countries that I forgot) if having freedom worth that much! The room exploded in applause!

Back
Top Bottom