Alarming Your Gun safe

gene

NES Member
Okay so I am paranoid! I picked up an alarm system for what was not a lot of money. Less than most guns to wire up to the safe alone and can expand it if needed to 12 points. The system calls me + 5 others if anyone opens my safe. Yes, the whole house is alarmed already but I decided to go the xtra step to make it all the more diificult to get my stuff.

These are cheap money and especially usefull for apartment dwellers I have read about on the forum. Just a thought to pass along!

Okay so I am paranoid! I picked up an alarm system for what was not a lot of money. Less than most guns to wire up to the safe alone and can expand it if needed to 12 points. The system calls me + 5 others if anyone opens my safe. Yes, the whole house is alarmed already but I decided to go the xtra step to make it all the more diificult to get my stuff.

These are cheap money and especially usefull for apartment dwellers I have read about on the forum. Just a thought to pass along!

If this thing rings back to the local PD, you might want to let them know its a gun safe someone's trying to get in.

Absolutely the best idea. ADT for me, and the alarm is set for motion/sound and has a cellular backup. If more than a mouse farts near my safes, the alarm will go off.
You are not paranoid: You are CYA in case someone does break in and thinks they can chisel/saw the front off.

That's cool - what's the name of the system and where did you get it?
What type of safe did you alarm?
What type of home system do you have?

Picked it up on Ebay and its an AST2008G , Made in China so what isn't these days for 100.00. The thing has all kinds of features plus, panic, 2 remotes for arm and disarm. I don't think I will hook it up to 911 until I insure no false alarms.

Probably wouldn't be much good against a real experienced thief but for druggies, average low lifes and kids it would be a great back up. The main thing is knowing someone is tampering in or around the safe and you can call and listen in if you get a trigger.

Excellent idea! I just did a quick search on ebay on "AST2008G" and didn't find any. What buyer did you get it from? I'll probably pickup one of these if I can find it at the same price.

Just do an alarm search and there are all types and the one I mentioned will show with a buy now option at that price. The same alarm will also show up for 200.00 to 300.00. The shipping point said Canada.

The unit comes with the control and you can program up to six numbers to call and has 16 trigger zones. You can add more sensors or hardwire that are options.

Two remotes for arm, disarm and panic

A third panic remote

2 Door sensors

2 infared sensors

1 Siren

1 Fire/Smoke Alarm

I should point out that this is all WIRELESS so all you do is give it juice and plug it to the telephone line. I was supprised at the quality of the system and having tested it the infared works great.

I don't know the law in MA specifically, but in most states, you can't have your alarm system call the police directly.

I don't know the law in MA specifically, but in most states, you can't have your alarm system call the police directly.

alarm systems do not call pd direct... common misconception.

they send a signal to a central station that you pay a monthly/yearly service fee to. the station then follows whatever actions you set up... for example, a panic button alarm, they call the pd and inform of a panic alarm.

most others are simply a call to the house, then the pd if no respones or wrong pass.

Thanks gene, I need something on this order but thought it would cost too much. The item I found (below) was on ebay.
div255.gif

dcfa_1.JPG

Wireless Intelligent protection and security Alarm System ( Item model: AST2008G ) with Keyboard and LED display-Easy Install

This alarm system will call 6 of your approved telephone numbers, friends, family, should the alarm be activated. This means you can leave your house while at work, play or holiday and should the alarm be activated the siren will sound and the system will call your numbers to tell you this has happened. Not only this but you can then listens into the house and hear what is going on. You can then re-arm the system or turn the system off from your phone!
We will pre-install ALL PIR, smoke detectors and door/window contacts before we send the system to you. This means all you need to do is add the auto dial numbers you want the system to call and fix the PIR and other sensors in the correct locations and your alarm is ready to protect the house. You can add more PIR, gas leakage detectors, smoke detectors and door contact to this system. 16 zones in total and you can link 5 sensors to each zone

Main function and features:
 Six groups of telephone numbers can be pre-stored
 10 seconds pre-recorded memo message
 Long distance (via public telephone network) set guard status or withdraw guard to the alarm system.
 Long distance (via pubic telephone network) monitor the background sound around the alarm system.
 Guard setting time delay option (0-90 seconds selectable by user)
 Alarm setting time delay option (0-90 seconds selectable by user)
 Siren alarm time length control option (0-20 minutes selectable by user)
 Telephone line cut off alarm function option.
 Fourteen wireless zones plus two wired zones, zone2,3,4,5 can be closed or opened independently.
 One emergency key for help is provided on the main set.
 Two emergency key for help is provided on the remote controller which will make the alarm system.
 Give out loud sound or not as well as dialling when being trigged, Convenient key input is prepared on the front panel.
 110dB siren speaker enclosed
 Various of door magnetic switch and human body infra-fed detector are configurable.
 Rechargeable DC9V power transformer provided for power cut backup
 The alarm system can report the alarm messages to an administration host computer immediately via the public
 Telephone network or RS-485 communication protocol.
 Item model: AST2008G
 Item condition: New in box!

Auction Includes:
 1 x main unit
 2 x Remote controls
 1 x Internal Loud Siren
 1 x PIR Room sensors+ 4 free gift=total 5 PIR Room sensors
 1 x Door / Window Sensors + 4 free gift=total 5 Door / Window Sensors
 1 x Smoke detector as gift
 1 x telephone cable
 1 x UPS universal power supply (built in rechargeable battery) for main unit
 1 x English Manual
 Mounting kits
Code: AST2008G-16

I heard that as well now that you mention it. The good thing I learned about the system is that the system calls your number and you can listen to whats going on at the trigger point and remote reset if you want.

Thanks gene, I need something on this order but thought it would cost too much. The item I found (below) was on ebay.
div255.gif

dcfa_1.JPG

Wireless Intelligent protection and security Alarm System ( Item model: AST2008G ) with Keyboard and LED display-Easy Install

This alarm system will call 6 of your approved telephone numbers, friends, family, should the alarm be activated. This means you can leave your house while at work, play or holiday and should the alarm be activated the siren will sound and the system will call your numbers to tell you this has happened. Not only this but you can then listens into the house and hear what is going on. You can then re-arm the system or turn the system off from your phone!
We will pre-install ALL PIR, smoke detectors and door/window contacts before we send the system to you. This means all you need to do is add the auto dial numbers you want the system to call and fix the PIR and other sensors in the correct locations and your alarm is ready to protect the house. You can add more PIR, gas leakage detectors, smoke detectors and door contact to this system. 16 zones in total and you can link 5 sensors to each zone

Main function and features:
 Six groups of telephone numbers can be pre-stored
 10 seconds pre-recorded memo message
 Long distance (via public telephone network) set guard status or withdraw guard to the alarm system.
 Long distance (via pubic telephone network) monitor the background sound around the alarm system.
 Guard setting time delay option (0-90 seconds selectable by user)
 Alarm setting time delay option (0-90 seconds selectable by user)
 Siren alarm time length control option (0-20 minutes selectable by user)
 Telephone line cut off alarm function option.
 Fourteen wireless zones plus two wired zones, zone2,3,4,5 can be closed or opened independently.
 One emergency key for help is provided on the main set.
 Two emergency key for help is provided on the remote controller which will make the alarm system.
 Give out loud sound or not as well as dialling when being trigged, Convenient key input is prepared on the front panel.
 110dB siren speaker enclosed
 Various of door magnetic switch and human body infra-fed detector are configurable.
 Rechargeable DC9V power transformer provided for power cut backup
 The alarm system can report the alarm messages to an administration host computer immediately via the public
 Telephone network or RS-485 communication protocol.
 Item model: AST2008G
 Item condition: New in box!

Auction Includes:
 1 x main unit
 2 x Remote controls
 1 x Internal Loud Siren
 1 x PIR Room sensors+ 4 free gift=total 5 PIR Room sensors
 1 x Door / Window Sensors + 4 free gift=total 5 Door / Window Sensors
 1 x Smoke detector as gift
 1 x telephone cable
 1 x UPS universal power supply (built in rechargeable battery) for main unit
 1 x English Manual
 Mounting kits
Code: AST2008G-16

Thats the system

Last edited:
I've bought barcode scanners directly from Hong Kong via ebay with good results, though it took 4 weeks round trip to get the one DOA unit replaced.

I bought some green/red lasers for the AR as well and they were about 3 weeks.

Update!

Well, I set it all up and put the senser in the safe. Put the controller in another area and it worked like a charm. Once the alarm sounded it called me and gave a prerecorded message. I listened for background noise, shut it off and re-armed via phone.

No wires , no muss and no fuss. Took all of 15 minutes. For me, thats a plus because usually any work I guess at that should be 15 minutes ends up being the day.

Back
Top Bottom