Alabama and Georgia now constitutional carry states!

BostonGator

NES Member

Georgia senate passed it last month, the Georgia house passed a different version this week. They need to work out their differences and the governor sign it (he said he’d sign it)

Georgia isn’t yet. Alabama bill is signed but doesn’t go into effect until January. Ohio and Indiana both have bills sitting on their governors desk, so they both will likely beat Georgia to it.

"51 Imperfect Solutions" is an influential constitutional law book that discusses the interaction between State and Nation Constitutions, suggesting that once 2/3 to 3/4 of State Constitutions recognize a right, SCOTUS appears more willing to incorporate that right into the National Constitution. And that they do so with less risk of making "One Imperfect Solution" that is overly broad and weak.

The good news is that with 22 Constitutional Carry and 20 Shall-Issue states, and the continued move from Shall-Issue to Constitutional Carry, the motivation for SCOTUS to push the remaining 8 May-Issue states to Shall-Issue is that much greater.

If this keeps up, poor Utah won't be raking in the revenue it used to from the CCW community. 22 out of 50. Wow.

In the next few years, the picture of Con Carry states is gonna look like this
| .................................... /
|

With those lines being hte ONLY non-con-carry states. Maybe IL doesn't flop either. But it'll be NY/SNE/NJ/DE/MD(maybe) and then CA/WA/OR.

Last edited:
If this keeps up, poor Utah won't be raking in the revenue it used to from the CCW community. 22 out of 50. Wow.

In the next few years, the picture of Con Carry states is gonna look like this
| .................................... /
|

With those lines being hte ONLY non-con-carry states. Maybe IL doesn't flop either. But it'll be NY/SNE/NJ/DE/MD(maybe) and then CA/WA/OR.

NV I’d dem controlled but GOP has won it some, so they’re a wild card. NM and CO won’t pass constitutional carry anytime soon. Those two, Illinois and Minnesota are obstacles in the heartland areas, Maryland isn’t a maybe, it’s Massachusetts south. And Virginia isn’t likely anytime soon

I wish Florida would become a constitutional carry state. Their non-resident permits are a real PITA to get! After two attempts, I finally gave up trying.

That's odd. Neither my wife nor I had any issues getting non-resident FL permits.
Twice I applied and they kept sending the application back. I've gotten nonresident permits in Maine and N.H. with no trouble at all. First, they sent the fingerprint card back with a list of things that were wrong, when I made the corrections that they requested and sent it back, again, they returned the application and told me that my certification was too old, I took a certification course back in 1989. My local PD has always excepted it. Hey! it's just not worth the aggravation. I really don't go to Florida that much anymore.

I had both the FL and UT (and NH, CT) when I lived in MA. UT required a course from a UT licensed instructor. My MA LTC and course were good enough for FL but I did have to go to my local police station to get printed. NH was the easiest. CT was easy too. I went in person becasue the barracks were just 15 miles from my house. Maybe it's changed.

Happy to be in a constitutional carry state. I'll propably still keep my AL license ($37.50/5 years, renewed online) for when I travel to neighboring states. I dropped all the others.

Twice I applied and they kept sending the application back. I've gotten nonresident permits in Maine and N.H. with no trouble at all. First, they sent the fingerprint card back with a list of things that were wrong, when I made the corrections that they requested and sent it back, again, they returned the application and told me that my certification was too old, I took a certification course back in 1989. My local PD has always excepted it. Hey! it's just not worth the aggravation. I really don't go to Florida that much anymore.
I couldn't renew my FL permit as I couldn't get any prints done by LEO cuz WuFlu before it expired, and they said no exceptions when I called. It's been well over a year now, so I doubt they'd even renew it, so screw it. I'll keep my ~$80 and won't bother. Not worth worrying about it when I go there maybe once a year at most. With the fingerprint requirement I bet renewals were down quite a bit the last couple years.

I couldn't renew my FL permit as I couldn't get any prints done by LEO cuz WuFlu before it expired, and they said no exceptions when I called. It's been well over a year now, so I doubt they'd even renew it, so screw it. I'll keep my ~$80 and won't bother. Not worth worrying about it when I go there maybe once a year at most. With the fingerprint requirement I bet renewals were down quite a bit the last couple years.
What happened to me was long before covid. Their whole system is just stupid.

"51 Imperfect Solutions" is an influential constitutional law book that discusses the interaction between State and Nation Constitutions, suggesting that once 2/3 to 3/4 of State Constitutions recognize a right, SCOTUS appears more willing to incorporate that right into the National Constitution. And that they do so with less risk of making "One Imperfect Solution" that is overly broad and weak.

The good news is that with 22 Constitutional Carry and 20 Shall-Issue states, and the continued move from Shall-Issue to Constitutional Carry, the motivation for SCOTUS to push the remaining 8 May-Issue states to Shall-Issue is that much greater.
Everything that is needed is already there. Just no one follows it. The more states do this the better. There should no restrictions, none

I had both the FL and UT (and NH, CT) when I lived in MA. UT required a course from a UT licensed instructor. My MA LTC and course were good enough for FL but I did have to go to my local police station to get printed. NH was the easiest. CT was easy too. I went in person becasue the barracks were just 15 miles from my house. Maybe it's changed.

Happy to be in a constitutional carry state. I'll propably still keep my AL license ($37.50/5 years, renewed online) for when I travel to neighboring states. I dropped all the others.

Neighboring states? Once Georgia passes it, every state bordering Alabama will be constitutional carry lol.

Back
Top Bottom