ak47 home shopping network...

OK so I know it is supposed to be funny and all, but did anyone notice how many times he pointed it at the female "host". No wonder the anti's are so anti I can guarantee the only true safety (the one between his ears) would fail on that gun in a heartbeat with a person like that handling it.

john77 said:
OK so I know it is supposed to be funny and all, but did anyone notice how many times he pointed it at the female "host". No wonder the anti's are so anti I can guarantee the only true safety (the one between his ears) would fail on that gun in a heartbeat with a person like that handling it.
What did you expect? They're in the UK where they ban sharp objects and toys too.

funny enough - A "demilled" gun requires no paperwork in the UK and they require a lot less to demil than we require.

I remember Portobello Rd market, people were selling magazines, cartriges, etc at the antique/militia booths. You could find Browning 1918's that were fully functional minus the lead or cement in the barrel.
(no joking)

I don't know how "legal" it was, but it wasn't hard for me to find these type of demil guns.

I was SO tempted.
Other then the fact the customs and the ATF would **** me when I returned.

Mike

john77 said:

Yeh I noticed that too. It's funny how that sort of thing makes my skin crawl. I'm sure you all know the feeling. I like that everyone here us vocal about their muzzle awareness. I can't even count how many times people have responded to various pictures about fingers being on trigger etc.
Go us

Why are "we" so uncommon?

I *HATE* gunshows and gunshops becuase of this issue.

You get tired of pushing muzzles out of the way, moving to the left/right to get out of the way of some jack*** who point an AR at your head. (even worse, a O/U and they think its OKAY)

ARG.

MikeYarosh said:

You get tired of pushing muzzles out of the way, moving to the left/right to get out of the way of some jack*** who point an AR at your head. (even worse, a O/U and they think its OKAY)

ARG.

I can't tell you why "we" are so uncommon, but it seems we are. I know a lot of people on this board are instructors or long-time shooters. But you know, and I know, there are a lot of really stupid people out there. And we've all seen them, and hopefully we've all said something to them. Either way, I don't know why. But it gives me hope that there are at least more than just a few of "we" out there.

MikeYarosh said:

ARG.

Yup, I find this to be very unsafe and annoying!

Back at the gun show in Foxboro (some years ago), I was talking with a friend (retired Boston Municipal PO) and his Son when some jerk ~50' away is sighting in a rifle on us! Waving him off did no good nor did moving some. Just then I saw the detail officer (George) and called him over. Pointed out the miscreant and told George to tell the jerk that if he does it again, he'll see the barrel of my gun pointed back at him and mine was loaded!! Working the gun shows for GOAL, I got to know this officer a bit, he's a 1911 collector . . . I even ran into him one day at Four Seasons.

At the Marlboro show, people were forever waving guns around at us from the CT dealer's table some 15-20' from us. He was one (of many) of the dealers selling marked LE only mags at the show! [roll]

+1

I got my usual nervous feeling just watching the video clip, probably because I couldn't get in their faces over the muzzle direction. I'm always (OK, usually) polite, but I absolutely will not tolerate that sort of thing in my presence. No matter where we are, what the occasion is, or who's doing it. I guess I'm just an intolerant bastard (and proud of it!)

Ken

KMaurer said:
+1

I got my usual nervous feeling just watching the video clip, probably because I couldn't get in their faces over the muzzle direction. I'm always (OK, usually) polite, but I absolutely will not tolerate that sort of thing in my presence. No matter where we are, what the occasion is, or who's doing it. I guess I'm just an intolerant bastard (and proud of it!)

Ken

+1

I'm usually polite the first time I say something - after that, I tend to get VERY irritated.

KMaurer said:
+1

Ken

Damn straight you should be!

Again the people who are incapable of following Rule #2 (and may have never even HEARD of it) boggles my mind. And in any situation where you might be able to let rule #1 slide a little (Like gunshows or gunshops....imagine the jaws dropping if when the dealer opens the action, and a live round was to come out!!!)

It's only a matter of time before you WILL get sweeped with a muzzle. At big venues like Gunshows, or the Kittery Trading post et al, it's often only a matter of seconds before somebody sweeps you.

Worse yet, we've all been sweeped (or acidently swept) and then imidiatly apologised for the oversite, I've NEVER seen any apoloy, or even an acknowegment of a sweep in a shop or show....

**shakes head**

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom