• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK47 buffers anybody?

I have no experience with them, I'd be curious if anyone here does though.

LOL at some of the reviews though. "Your shoulder will thank you" Really? Because AK recoil is so horrible to begin with.

Look kind of like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, but I would also be interested to hear how they work.

I would not put one of those in my rifles. An AK is so spongy that if you need something to absorb the recoil you need to reevaluate your man card.

I don't see how this would fix any of your problems unless you had a serious rail-to-rear trunnion height dimension problem.

"Landscaping" Steve is an idiot: the top cover does not retain your carrier inside of your receiver- the recoil spring does. That's why it locks into the rear trunnion. If it's skipping out of the receiver, you've got one shitty POS receiver. You've got a height difference between your rear trunnion and your rails, and odds are it's where the rear trunnion was mounted, or where your rails were spot welded that caused this geometrical problem.

This is one of those things that tacticoolers add because buying tons of shit for a rifle gives them pleasure because it has to be good 4.5 stars on Amazon means it's sweet. Buy an AR. One of Eugene Stoner's product definitions was "must accept as many paintball/airsoft accessories as possible." FACT.

The only way I'd use one of the buffers is if I had a gas hole that had erroded to the point that it was allowing too much gas through and slamming the carrier to the rear. That would take alot of corrosive ammo and real lousy cleaning practices.

Other than that, unless your bones are made of graham crackers, there's really no need for a buffer in an AK.....if it was needed, comrade Kalashnikov would have put it in there.

Back
Top Bottom