AK question

mbz4ever

Dealer
NES Member
Im looking to get a pre-ban AK-47
Options are pre-ban Hungarian Under-folder AK-47 or Chinese pre ban red side folder AK-47
both are in new unfired condition both at the same price $1300. but i only need one [wink]
any of you guys help me choose one...
why one but not another one.
thanks
Chinese
pix304448281.jpg

Hungarian
pix325241406.jpg

Last edited:
Not a fan of the side folder. I recently bought and sold one. It's not comfortable with it folded and it gets in the way. The underfolder might be a little harder to fold out when you have a mag in, but I can deal with that.

I would like the underfolder myself. There are Some AK expects here that will chime in on the quality differences I'm sure.

Even though I like looks of the underfolder better, I find it uncomfortable and awkward to take up a decent cheek weld... think of an iron bar running along your jaw line when you take a shot.

The butt end isn't all that comfortable either.

At least the side folder in the pic has a wider cheek rest. I've never seen or shot that particular style before, but ergonomically, it can't be nearly as bad as the underfolder

Even though I like looks of the underfolder better, I find it uncomfortable and awkward to take up a decent cheek weld... think of an iron bar running along your jaw line when you take a shot.

The butt end isn't all that comfortable either.

At least the side folder in the pic has a wider cheek rest. I've never seen or shot that particular style before, but ergonomically, it can't be nearly as bad as the underfolder

Silly Boy AK's aren't for aiming. [smile][wink]

Im looking to get a pre-ban AK-47
Options are pre-ban Hungarian Under-folder AK-47 or Chinese pre ban red side folder AK-47
both are in new unfired condition both at the same price $1300. but i only need one [wink]
any of you guys help me choose one...
why one but not another one.
thanks
Chinese
pix304448281.jpg

Hungarian
pix325241406.jpg

If you plan to shoot it, I wouldn't go with either...the first time you shoot your "New" gun its going to be a "used" gun there are PLENTY of used preban AK's out there for a LOT less than that.

Now if you are set on one of those two, you don't see side folder's all as frequently as underfolders, then again you don't see hungarians as much as chinese...hmm

If it were me I'd find a nice USED milled reciever polytech AK...

Back
Top Bottom