AK question

bdb

NES Member
I just sold a wasr10 to a guy yesterday. He hit me uo sayinf ther is something wring with it. I bought it brand new from classic firearms in 2014 and admittedly dont know much about AKs. Shoots great.

He sent me this:
Big ol hunk of material missing on the right side of the trunion
I don’t either, but I’m sure based on the location it’s not a good thing. seems like it should be solid with no broken parts. I just am going to have it repaired.

Does this make sense, is he right??

Attachments

• 4CF6260E-686A-4DAC-9910-F806E8BFFF70.jpeg
    4CF6260E-686A-4DAC-9910-F806E8BFFF70.jpeg
    371.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 3F7D3049-458F-4B13-8AC5-0E376FD3AE9D.jpeg
    3F7D3049-458F-4B13-8AC5-0E376FD3AE9D.jpeg
    303.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 10FC5B4E-0C11-4E47-819E-9F50D683E7FC.jpeg
    10FC5B4E-0C11-4E47-819E-9F50D683E7FC.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 233
did the buyer have a chance to inspect the rifle at time of purchase? if so there isn’t much to discuss here. the buyer needs to field strip and inspect a used firearm. Ideally the seller should do the same. This is not a brand new Daniel Defense rifle; it’s a used import AK with zero warranty. If i do a FTF sale and the buyer doesn’t field strip the firearm i will do it for them to ensure it’s inspected. This is mostly for myself so that I don’t hear about a problem months later.

if that were my WASR, I would just send it to rifle dynamics or definitive arms to have them both replace the trunnion and trick out the rifle with some wiz-bang upgrades. Kill two birds with one stone. while it may sound harsh, I don’t see the seller as being responsible for this type of problem.

if I were in this situation I’d probably offer to pay the shipping costs for the gunsmith work but that would be solely a kind gesture not any sort of obligation.

Last edited:
did the buyer have a chance to inspect the rifle at time of purchase? if so there isn’t much to discuss here. the buyer needs to field strip and inspect a used firearm. Ideally the seller should do the same. This is not a brand new Daniel Defense rifle; it’s a used import AK with zero warranty. If i do a FTF sale and the buyer doesn’t field strip the firearm i will do it for them to ensure it’s inspected. This is mostly for myself so that I don’t hear about a problem months later.

if that were my WASR, I would just send it to rifle dynamics or definitive arms to have them both replace the trunnion and trick out the rifle with some wiz-bang upgrades. while it may sound harsh, I don’t see the seller as being responsible for this type of problem.
This 1000% send it to rifle dynamics and get it a tune up. Worth every penny.

This. That's when I bought mine.

OP, I think you're good, though I'd feel kinda bad too. But FTF sales, in my opinion, are a "buyer-beware" proposition.
Agree. Not that it applies to buyer. Who knows. But don't feel bad stripping down a gun and having a look. Some small handguns you can see whats going on. A 1500$ ak i would field strip and inspect. Not sure if buyer did that

Maybe 10 years ago...

When were they $350 -$500, 5 years ago ?

Nope, more like 700.

In 2004 WASRs were cheap (You could buy them at deli ticket emporium for like $259.00 ) but after the first obamascare came, that ended that. Cheap AKs really ended after Obama came along. I think it was incidental to all the stupid ATF barrel bans and that garbage, too.

Nope, more like 700.

In 2004 WASRs were cheap but after the first obamascare came, that ended that. Cheap AKs really ended after Obama came along. I think it was incidental to all the stupid ATF barrel bans and that garbage, too.

That makes sense.. Nobody really bought those that were into AK's back then, I only knew they sucked and were wicked cheap. I shot one of those and the trigger slap was numbing lol I just seem to remember them being around 250- 300.

I just bought Arsenal guns and Bulgarian kits.

shit, if people are paying $2k for a f'n WASR, my Arsenal SAM7 should sell for around $9k lol

I like it too much to sell it though.

That makes sense.. Nobody really bought those that were into AK's back then, I only knew they sucked and were wicked cheap. i shot one of those and the trigger slap was numbing lol

I just bought Arsenal guns and Bulgarian kits.

Well, that was the thing. I got an Arsenal Sam-7 milled receiver back then for $650 from the most hated gun shop in mass - gun room. (like an idiot I sold it years later for not much more, but thats another story).

At least the $700 wasrs typically had Tapco G2s in them (no slap) and the sights stopped being canted. lmao.

Well, that was the thing. I got an Arsenal Sam-7 milled receiver back then for $650 from the most hated gun shop in mass - gun room. (like an idiot I sold it years later for not much more, but thats another story).

At least the $700 wasrs typically had Tapco G2s in them (no slap) and the sights stopped being canted. lmao.

lol yup.

I sold a Legend I think was around $1200, and a Norinco for around 7.

I remember the canted sights.

Don't remember them fixing that slap though.

I remember before I first fired one the guy who owned complained about the slap, I just thought he was a f'n pussy.. Then I shot a mag and my trigger finger was numb for like 5 minutes.

Bottom line, it just sucks that anybody just getting into AK's has to spend $2k on a damn WASR. That would cause anybody to say AK's suck if that is the only one you ever shot.

AK pic time !

0sAJpg2.jpg

Agree. Not that it applies to buyer. Who knows. But don't feel bad stripping down a gun and having a look. Some small handguns you can see whats going on. A 1500$ ak i would field strip and inspect. Not sure if buyer did that
I should have field stripped it. Hard to do in a McDonalds parking lot in broad daylight, surrounded by people lol

I believe WASR10's were originally single stack magazines that were then worked to accept double stack. Maybe that had something to do with the missing material.

I was thinking that too, honestly.

I should have field stripped it. Hard to do in a McDonalds parking lot in broad daylight, surrounded by people lol

BTDT.

Absolutely nearly impossible.
That would have made for an interesting thread.
"SWAT called to local McDonald's because man wanted to check for quality issues on a purchase."

OP: kudos to you for trying to make it right, even though the issue most likely existed thru the entirety of your ownership.

Back
Top Bottom