AK platform

So in the AWB it says "Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type" are banned. Does that mean that only original AK's are banned in 7.62x39?

In CT what can I own in terms of an AK?

1. any caliber except 7.62x39
2. in compliance with CT's AWB
3. in compliance with 922r if a post-1989(?) gun

SAR, WASR, SAIGA, whatever ... 5.56, 5.45, .308, etc.

TMnitty is exactly right.

Practically speaking it means you have a couple of choices based on whats actually on the market:

1) Pre-ban gun in some other caliber than 762x39. The bulk of these are Chinese Norinco or (other brand slips my mind) in .223. They can have folding stocks, threaded bbls, flash suppressors and bayo lugs since they are preban.

2) Post-ban gun in some other caliber than 7.62x39. It must be in compliance with the evil features of the law. There are plenty of good manufacturers of CT legal AKs. Most are 545x39 (AK74). Arizona Response systems will build you a great gun for not a ton of dough. Arsenal makes several ban compliant guns.

Don

p.s. If you find a non-7.63x39 gun out of state, that you need to be "neutered" to be CT AWB compliant let me know. I'm an 07 FFL (manufacturer) and as such I can legally possess banned guns. It could be shipped to me by an owner and I'd be happy to make it CT legal for a very reasonable fee. I can also handle the transfer for you.

If you started with this:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...+Arsenal+SGL31+Saiga+5.45x39+Rifle&groupid=11

CT conversion would simply involve roll pinning or silver soldering the brake on and removing the bayo lug.

f1asgl3161a.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom