AK Picture Thread? Is this not a thing, somehow?

top photo, I'll take the second from the left please. Nice little hound.

Incredibly...I just picked that one up TONIGHT! I went into my LGS here in Indianapolis two weeks ago and asked if they were even a Zastava dealer...turns out they ARE! So i threw it out there...'can i leave a deposit on one?' LGS, 'why yes, yes you can...how much would you like to put down?'...me, 'all of it'.

7...SEVEN days later...in the midst of Covid-19, AND downtown Indianapolis being LITERALLY SET ON FIRE, multiple nights in a row (I'm 10 minutes from Lucas Oil Stadium...granted that's pretty far for fire to travel)...they called me and told me it was ready for pickup! Of COURSE I got delayed! Whatevs...I have it now. I put a few bore patches down the glory hole to make sure there were no heavy metal chips...and I'm going to shoot the ever loving fudge out of that thing tomorrow evening after I get off work and drive 1 1/4 hrs to my range in Richmond, IN on the other side of 10,000 cornfields.

[rofl]

First response too, LOL!

SERIOUSLY!

...and who the f is Kelton?

...and how does he have 1200 more posts than me and he's been here 3 years longer but we've never crossed paths until i muck up posting a (not) new thread!?!?

i'll stop drinking and posting...when i'm dead!

Last edited:
That MAK-90 deserves a non-butthole stock set. ;)

Funny you say that! When I took it out of the safe I noticed the upper screw had broken off inside the stock somehow and it was loose. I ordered the Ironwood American Walnut Premium furniture for it yesterday. I picked up some Watco Danish oil finish in anticipation and I expect it to look like this when it's done.

walnut.jpg

Funny you say that! When I took it out of the safe I noticed the upper screw had broken off inside the stock somehow and it was loose. .I ordered the Ironwood American Walnut Premium furniture for it yesterday. I picked up some Watco Danish oil finish in anticipation. I expect it to look like this when it's done.

View attachment 409904

Nice. Those Ironwood stock sets aren't cheap but man they are beautiful. I lucked upon an original type 56 stock set from a guy on Gunboards who happens to live not too far from me. Mine is a straight cut receiver and that's exactly what he had. I couldn't wait to get rid of the dumb thumbhole stock. ;)

Better post a pic to show appreciation for @76Too sticking it to the dupe police.

First and only AK I have owned, self built as a Wu Flu project when things were first getting all weird and shut down. Hungarian FEG-
ILbEHCs.jpg

Started as a receiver with a few years of storage crust-

Kinda mesmerizing, like a lava lamp but better because gunz.

This is my 19-year old girlfriend holding one of my AKs in my fortified gun room....
I WISH!
Not sure which I would like better: a 19-year old girlfriend, an AK, or a fortified gun room...
Gunbroker Gal 2.jpg

This is my 19-year old girlfriend holding one of my AKs in my fortified gun room....
I WISH!
Not sure which I would like better: a 19-year old girlfriend, an AK, or a fortified gun room...
View attachment 437610

the AK will hold/increase its value better than than the 19 year old and will probably still feel the same after the years go by.

Back
Top Bottom