• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK muzzle detent pin stuck

chopper_man

Army Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hi all,
AK, WASR 10/63, ya ya, was unbastardizing the welded on muzzle thread protector. Got that off without a hitch however now my detent pin is stuck in. I can feel it with my nail, tried a razor, mild heat, rapping with a mallet from all sides, doesn't want to seem to budge. Any suggestions from the trust? I did find online about getting a pin press and pushing out the front pin. Any other options? I don't have a pin press, not fond of using a drift pin. Might try throwing a couple 100 round thru it to see if that has any effect (except on me!).
Thanks!
-Brian

IMG_2348.jpgIMG_2347.jpg

1919FAN

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Sometimes when the brakes are welded it collapses the detent spring, heat it a little with a propane torch and then spray some kroil penetrating oil on it and see if it frees up. Worst case pull the sight unit off and replace it

mikelawtown

NES Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Like above said but if no avail it may be corroded to the pin and might have to press it out and replace the detent and spring which are avail

IMG_3041__14494_zoom.jpg orig.jpg<-- Not like the WASR, you have 2 pins

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had several that were stuck. I just tap on them with a punch and usually they will free up. Yes there is a chance it will get stuck, but everyone I have had (several dozen) have always come free.

Top Bottom