ak guys

groundscrapers

NES Member
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/kit-ak01.aspx

will this parts kit fit this style of reciever? I have no clue about this stuff.

NDS-1EZ.JPG

should be gtg, that looks like ak47 receiver ... that's a good price too, I've seen it. If you get the kit, let us know if trunnions are in fact US made, I doubt that they are aside from barrels and stock.

The short answer is yes...Interesting it says all US parts.. wonder who is making them and the quality at that price...

Last edited:
If you get the kit, let us know if trunnions are in fact US made...

Somebody asked me that the other day. I said the same thing, doubtful. But it would be sweet if they were US made and available for sale separately.

these are not ALL US-made. only furniture and fire controls. seller somewhat miss-represents the item. it should read '922r compliant US-made parts included in place of respective imported parts'
kits are imported and sold by Inter Ordinance, furniture is their signature-style us-made stuff. FCG most likely Tapco. kits are either polish or bulgy

here is the same gun in built form sold by inter ordinance sales arm http://www.royaltigerimports.com/shop.html#!/~/product/category=2251802&id=36341361

Last edited:
Remember the geniuses in this thread? They were going to set the AK world on fire with US made trunnions. They made it about as far as we predicted, nowhere. I still crack up about the moron posting my template (pg2) without bothering to tell anyone that he had "borrowed" it. They disappeared shortly after I called them out in it. LMAO

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/216775-80-AK-receiver-build-party

Last edited:
I took a closer look at the kit pic. The front trunnion is definitely new. That doesn't really help us as far as country of origin goes, but it's not out of a kit. The rear trunnion looks like it is surplus though. Recoil rod and top cover look a little "off" too.

Next question is who wants to help me build it. Will trade [STRIKE=Beers!]Beers![/STRIKE] Russian vodka

Last edited:
Have you already bought the receiver? If not, I recommend getting one that doesn't have the trunnion holes pre-drilled. I have had better luck with the ones I had to drill myself. The pre-drilled ones worked, but took more fiddling.

I was looking at those kits too, until I saw that they wouldn't ship to MA. I do buy a lot of stuff from that company, but there is a lot they won't sell us.

At $125 a pop, I'll stick with the eastern bloc trunnions. I've always said that it was very doable, but just not at a realistic price.

Yup what's the point of using a us trunnion any ways.

It's crazy tho how much ak parts cost when you don't buy kits.
Right now you can get a under folder kit minus barrel for less then 200$ or buy a just a commie trunnion and bolt carrie and bolt for closer to 300$ .....

Last edited:

Right now you can get a under folder kit minus barrel for less then 200$ or buy a just a combos trunnion and bolt carrie and bolt for closer to 300$ .....

I want my AMD [sad]

I forgot the trunnion is a counted part.
I guess its useful if you got some trench art on the hand guards and don't want to deal with is mag parts etc.

True, but there are still easier and cheaper ways too remain 922r compliant. Barrel, receiver & FCG = 5 parts already. Add a US gas piston or MD and you can keep all your original furniture.

Right now you can get a under folder kit minus barrel for less then 200$ or buy a just a commie trunnion and bolt carrie and bolt for closer to 300$ .....

I think the point of the US made trunnion is that it allows you to build a cheap easy to find milled receiver kit that didn't come with a trunnion with out the hassle of tracking down an original trunnion.

I think the point of the US made trunnion is that it allows you to build a cheap easy to find milled receiver kit that didn't come with a trunnion with out the hassle of tracking down an original trunnion.

What ?
Lol milled receiver means the receiver and front trunnion and rails are one part . Made from block of steel.

Theses trunnions are for stamped receivers.

Not all milled receiver barrels match up with stamp kits. And you spend more money building it then just selling it for a full stamped kit.

Last edited:
Ben- I know that a milled kit was ORIGINALLY one solid block. With this trunnion you can use the parts from a cut up milled kit to build a stamped ak. It works...

Ben- I know that a milled kit was ORIGINALLY one solid block. With this trunnion you can use the parts from a cut up milled kit to build a stamped ak. It works...

I realized what you where saying after the fact I thought you where thinking use it for a re weld .

But even still your very limited on what kits you could do that with and your can get a surplus trunnion for less.

One does not reply to warwickben without pwning.

You drunk al .

yeah I didn't put 2+2 together . I just got this picture of a reweled milled ak with a stamped front trunnion stuck in my head.

I thought about getting a milled kit cheap and using a stamped receiver but trunnion cost always made it cost more then a full
Kit . I just gave up trying to remember what trunnions work.
This is where flint would tell me to shut up . Drink vodka and learn more.

Back
Top Bottom