• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK gunsmith recommendations?

Scuderia

NES Member
Gentlemen,

I have a Saiga rifle and am looking for someone to press off the front sight and gas block and replace them with the proper AK parts. Have any of you had this done by a gunsmith in MA ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

largerHammer.png

stolichnaya_russian_vodka__46080.jpg

Drink one, use the other, drink more, and eventually it will work.

I just use the drammel tool cut off wheel and cut them off,then "press" the new ones in place with a rubber mallet.

Once I get them where I need them.... drill and pin.For the hand guard retainer pin I groove it with a round rat tail file.

For a couple of builds I used new old stock russian,but they dried up so I've been using Bulgarian AK-74 parts and they work perfect.

I just use the drammel tool cut off wheel and cut them off,then "press" the new ones in place with a rubber mallet.

Once I get them where I need them.... drill and pin.For the hand guard retainer pin I groove it with a round rat tail file.

For a couple of builds I used new old stock russian,but they dried up so I've been using Bulgarian AK-74 parts and they work perfect.

this.

I need an AK friendly gunsmith in eastern MA as well. There seems to be a bullet stuck in the barrel of my 7.62. Yea.

No, I don't know exactly how this happened, thats why I want someone to take a look-see rather than just pounding it out and taking it to the range. The bumpski was involved, but I don't think(?) that was the problem. Glad it got stuck so another round wouldn't load....

Try gfaTechArms in Natick and talk with Greg. I am sure he can help you with what ever you need.

Just wanted to bump this thread with a recommendation for these guys. Really nice folks over there. Good work and reasonable price, I think I have found my local gunsmith.

Their shop is absolutely tiny, but it is not to be believed if you like military rifles. I've never actually seen an Arsenal AK for sale new in this state before, or a MA neutered FN SCAR either. Yea, yea, MA sucks, but if you're looking for some really cool shit and acknowledge you live in a shitty state it's definitely a pretty cool place. This won't be the last business I do with them.

Gentlemen,

I have a Saiga rifle and am looking for someone to press off the front sight and gas block and replace them with the proper AK parts. Have any of you had this done by a gunsmith in MA ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Give Boris your ak and some tools from home Depot and he will build you an Aircraft Carrier.

Back
Top Bottom