AK Friendly Training

Given the recent domestic (and longtime international) proliferation of AK platform rifles, I would like to take an entry level training course with one. However, most courses seem to be geared toward AR's, and I have already taken several of those courses so I am looking to diversify. I would be using 7.62x39, so I think anything in CT is out for legal reasons. The Sig Academy even bans steel cased ammunition, and if I'm going to be shooting hundreds of rounds in a course it will definately be 20 cent per round Russian ammo.

Are there any basic rifle courses (for those that know the platform but haven't trained extensively with it) that are AK friendly in New England? A bazillion people must own WASRs and Arsenals in this country now... is there just no demand for training from these purchasers?

There are a few AK specific classes, but none of them are typically taught around here. Fundamentally, AK is not that different - except for the manual of arms. Larry Vickers knows a thing or two about AKs and he will be teaching a rifle/pistol class next year through NEShooters. I am sure if you show up there with an AK he will give you some pointers.

Back
Top Bottom