Ak flat bending

I have the 1.5mm punch and jig. You're welcome to come on over and slap it in the press.
I'm in Rockland

I have the 1.5mm punch and jig. You're welcome to come on over and slap it in the press.
I'm in Rockland

I'll have to take you up on that offer .

Got a spot welder ? Lol ....
I'm still debating if I'll just get a stang magwell adapter or use my circle 10 mags .
It will look better with the stang mags .

Just bend it around your coffee table using the yellow pages as a mallet. Drink smash repeat.
Why is a plug weld from a mig welder not desirable in this situation again?

I'd be more partial to a Maxim on a Sokolov mount.

that would be righteous!

badsanta_100_zps60e12b7b.gif~original

c0b4bfc986e5cb0d85752e6f2ef.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A reciver is like 1.5k$
Haven't found plans etc .

I guess I should not have tossed mine with trash

IMAG2072.jpg

Aren't you a machinist? Go build one.

I did come across a set of plans for one somewhere. Think it was called 555th jig or something like that. Guy on YouTube used the plans to make his own.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't you a machinist? Go build one.

I did come across a set of plans for one somewhere. Think it was called 555th jig or something like that. Guy on YouTube used the plans to make his own. Duh

555ths jig plans are for std 1mm receivers.
555th is a gunco member and the plans were originally uploaded to the gunco library over 10 years ago. Anywhere else that you see them is a copy.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/163-ak-47-library/7028-555th-jig-plans.html

I should of asked you. I would build my own jog but I really don't see my self doing this a lot .

I was talking about the PKM parts kit. We gotta get more Izhevsk blueprints in here.

Amen

Ahh. Didnt realize the difference, not really an AK guy.

Also, not sure why my first reply was posted twice in the same post and why the word "Duh" was at the end of the second. Didnt mean any offense to anyone. I dont know hardly anything about AK's and Im the last guy to be throwing around something like a, " Duh, everyone knows that..." type of attitude.

...I would build my own jog but I really don't see my self doing this a lot .

Just out of curiosity, if someone were to have one of these fabricated for them, what would a ballpark price be? I dont see myself building a stack of AK's but like the idea of building off an 80%.

Just out of curiosity, if someone were to have one of these fabricated for them, what would a ballpark price be? I dont see myself building a stack of AK's but like the idea of building off an 80%.

Depends if you have friends in metal shops .
I could build it for free .
Really depends on the tools you have . You can get scrap lengths from metal places cheap .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom