AK drum question

AJK129

NES Member
The drum wont go in far enough to lock, I assume its this tab thats slightly too long.

I was going to file it down a hair but wanted to double check before I may have done something stupid

20201014_172213.jpg

Take a picture of the drum seated showing the latch and how it is hitting the magazine lip.
Do you have a different AK to try it in?

I haven'thad any issues with other mags, I have just the 1 ak to try it in.

20201014_175014.jpg

So it actually looks like this is hitting:

20201014_180012.jpg20201014_180028.jpg

Last edited:
I had numerous steel mags that would fit in my Norinco’s but not my Saiga’s, I filed the mags down a few hairs to fit and they ended up fitting in both, maybe a touch of wobble but functioned perfectly. If it’s your only AK then I’d file it to fit. That’s just me, some guys will tell you to file the mag well on the receiver but not me. File it and get it to fit. Unless your planning on getting more AK’s because it might fit in others

I had numerous steel mags that would fit in my Norinco’s but not my Saiga’s, I filed the mags down a few hairs to fit and they ended up fitting in both, maybe a touch of wobble but functioned perfectly. If it’s your only AK then I’d file it to fit. That’s just me, some guys will tell you to file the mag well on the receiver but not me. File it and get it to fit. Unless your planning on getting more AK’s because it might fit in others

Yeah I'm planning on another at somepoint but no time soon. I'll file it to get to fit this one. Doesn't look like it will take much

Yeah I'm planning on another at somepoint but no time soon. I'll file it to get to fit this one. Doesn't look like it will take much
As long as you don’t go overboard it should fit your next AK. Just lightly file, Try to fit, if necessary file again ect.. wash, rinse, repeat until it’s good to go. Whatever you do don’t make it fit by jamming it in there though, I’ve had a mag get stuck before lol

Agree, a $10 mag is easier to replace than a screwed up mag well/receiver.

As long as you don’t go overboard it should fit your next AK. Just lightly file, Try to fit, if necessary file again ect.. wash, rinse, repeat until it’s good to go. Whatever you do don’t make it fit by jamming it in there though, I’ve had a mag get stuck before lol
Small file corrections and retry.....that means 1-2 strokes with the file........not five or ten.

Fitting now, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom