• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK building legality

I've never heard of that, If you weld something that was cut in half back together it doesn't magically become new?
In the ATF's eyes if you reweld "chunks of metal" - i.e., what the cut up receiver would be if deactivated per ATF specs, then you are now manufacturing a receiver. In other words, it's now a new receiver created out of scrap metal.

In the ATF's eyes if you reweld "chunks of metal" - i.e., what the cut up receiver would be if deactivated per ATF specs, then you are now manufacturing a receiver. In other words, it's now a new receiver created out of scrap metal.
if it's welded properly there's no way to tell except maybe under a microscope

I actually messaged him to see if he was selling all those "shovels" for 500 🤣🤣
I have a shovel that was issued to my late Father just after WWII when he did some work for a Metro-Boston area town that I'll let go for $500. And I'll ask Boris to connect with you on how to convert it to an AK-47.

Built using a post-94 receiver: comply with MA AWB (limited evil features)

Built using a pre-94 receiver: no need to comply with MA AWB

Built with 80% receiver: STFU
''Assault weapon'', shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models)

I'm surprised nobody else that knows better has chimed in. Hate to break it to you, but the AK ban is pretty all encompassing. So it's really pre-94 or illegal. I'm just making sure you are aware of the written law. I don't much care what you do with in your tool shed. That is your business though.

''Assault weapon'', shall have the same meaning as a semiautomatic assault weapon as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(30) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994, and shall include, but not be limited to, any of the weapons, or copies or duplicates of the weapons, of any caliber, known as: (i) Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models)

I'm surprised nobody else that knows better has chimed in. Hate to break it to you, but the AK ban is pretty all encompassing. So it's really pre-94 or illegal. What you do with in your tool shed is your business though.
Shhhhhhhhhhhh! [devil]

I'm surprised nobody else that knows better has chimed in. Hate to break it to you, but the AK ban is pretty all encompassing. So it's really pre-94 or illegal. I'm just making sure you are aware of the written law. I don't much care what you do with in your tool shed. That is your business though.
Isn't that the same as the Colt AR-15 section? There were new AK pattern firearms made during the ban, no?

Hi, Maura

That's some retarded logic.

On the other hand though that would mean if I take a cut receiver and weld it together with no shoulder stock I can turn any rifle I want into a "pistol" with a short barrel?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom