• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK build parties, anyone?

I'm slowly acquiring the parts to build one, just picked up barrel &receiver today and parts kit is next.... but tools aren't cheap and I'm trying to come in on a budget that won't get the otherwise very tolerant S.O. pissed at me. Anyone have/know of any build parties upcoming? Would be nice to have someone experienced to slap me upside the head when I inevitably screw it up, too.

Ive got a HF shop press I'm happy to share. I have two kits i've been waiting to build -- I wouldn't mind working as a team.

this would be nice to attend just to see how its done so I have a better idea once I get my kit. warwickben has been a lot of help so far. if money wasn't so tight for me right now, I would buy the kit now and build it. im going to start saving up

I'm interested. I'd need to order up some stuff quick, but that's no big deal. Its a long haul to bring my tools, but I could bring some Stoli as parts cleaner and to commemorate the accomplishment. LOL. Does anyone have the flat bending tool or should I look for one already formed??

I'm interested. I'd need to order up some stuff quick, but that's no big deal. Its a long haul to bring my tools, but I could bring some Stoli as parts cleaner and to commemorate the accomplishment. LOL. Does anyone have the flat bending tool or should I look for one already formed??

I wouldn't expect the bending of a flat, welding rails, and heat-treating, to be part of a build party. You would normally go into it with a complete receiver, demilled parts kit, and new barrel ready to press and rivet.

I wouldn't expect the bending of a flat, welding rails, and heat-treating, to be part of a build party. You would normally go into it with a complete receiver, demilled parts kit, and new barrel ready to press and rivet.

Yeah this . Takes me 3-4 hours to build a demilled kit with a Virgin barrel on a prebent 80%

Less then a hour with a head space kit and 100% receiver .

Yeah this . Takes me 3-4 hours to build a demilled kit with a Virgin barrel on a prebent 80%

Less then a hour with a head space kit and 100% receiver .

Hell, it takes me an hour to duct-tape all of the bits of metal to my press rails to get rid of all the slop.

i have a ak-74 parts kit which needs to be built,it has a virgin barell though.i would definetely be interested in attending if someone wants to help me!!!

Somebody let me know when and where this is happening... If it's far enough into the future, I'll have time to get a kit and receiver. Definitely IN if I can be. Oh, and do you guys like beer? [smile]

I am tentatively in. I shot the shit out of my last build, but hated the cheek slap from the underfolder stock. Time for some fixed stock Polish goodness.

New Hampshire? I have a place in Manchester, setup more for automotive, but plenty of room.

Don't know how it would work for others here bit I could definitely do Manchester.

I'll bring along craft beer and Stolichnaya wherever it happens, though!

Also, does anyone have a spare front trunnion? I'm considering buying a Yugo M70B1 kit but already have a non bulged receiver. Alternatively, anyone know if the trunnion can be ground down to fit regular receiver?

Also, does anyone have a spare front trunnion? I'm considering buying a Yugo M70B1 kit but already have a non bulged receiver. Alternatively, anyone know if the trunnion can be ground down to fit regular receiver?

What's the barrel size ? If it's the same 23mm as a akm (ak47) shouldn't cause a problem***

If you hunt around you can find a trunnion but the price .... Eeek. I could use another build he trunion but got nothing to trade .

id absolutely be down for an ak build party, when acquiring parts what do you need,just a parts kit or moe? are certain parts kits better than others, i.e. russian, egyptian? Ive built an ar but would love to get my hands dirty and build my first ak! thanks for any responses

id absolutely be down for an ak build party, when acquiring parts what do you need,just a parts kit or moe? are certain parts kits better than others, i.e. russian, egyptian? Ive built an ar but would love to get my hands dirty and build my first ak! thanks for any responses

Generally speaking (more experienced folk feel free to chime in), you should expect to buy a parts kit, barrel, receiver, trigger pack, and rivet set.

Back
Top Bottom