• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK build in progress.

Looks great. F the cerakote. I just did a bulgy 74 with high temp BBQ paint. The trick is to cook the rifle at about 300 for an hour. That coating is pretty tough once set. Cost: 6.99.

Still need to order Cerakote.

ResizedImage_1372830764688_zpsd89578eb.jpg

IMG_20130703_012014_392_zpsb5a5bb35.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Think I just became an AK guy, holy ****.

That is sweet! I just got two kits in, a Maadi 47 and a Bulgi 74. I can't wait to get started. Of course I don't have a clue so this should be quite the learning experience.

That is sweet! I just got two kits in, a Maadi 47 and a Bulgi 74. I can't wait to get started. Of course I don't have a clue so this should be quite the learning experience.

I had no idea either. I just trolled gunco, akfiles and YouTube for help. I still have 2 more to build, a Maadi and Romy. They should be a walk in the park compared to this one. Just take your time and double check things. The only mistake we did was putting on the spacer/safety stop for the front of the trigger guard. We put it on backwards because I was but paying attention.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the positive input. Were your barrels populated? I only have a 47 barrel now, not populated. Some people talk like it's a big deal, and others not so much. I guess I will see. Going to clean everything up and see what still needs to be demilled, although it is mostly done. When I first opened the box I was like 'WTF did I get myself into?'

Thanks for the positive input. Were your barrels populated? I only have a 47 barrel now, not populated. Some people talk like it's a big deal, and others not so much. I guess I will see. Going to clean everything up and see what still needs to be demilled, although it is mostly done. When I first opened the box I was like 'WTF did I get myself into?'

I got all virgin barrels for my builds. This build was a little more difficult because we needed to turn it down some, cut in the handguard slots and thread it. But populating it and headspacing it was straight forward. The hardest part was drilling the holes for the barrel pins and getting everything square so you'd go in one hole on the trunnion and then out the other. The next time we do it, we are going to true it up and use a slide table. Otherwise it's true and drill, then do the same thing for the gas block and front sight.

Back
Top Bottom