AK boys chime in

interesting, let's see

looks like they are only focusing on milled receiver ak47 early variant.

they parts kits do not include parts crucial for building stamped receiver - trunnion (front and rear)

also sight blocks and gas block are not present on the list as well. i'd like to see someone building an AK w/o those.

all in all, UNLESS they employ same production techniques as russians do - lot's of hot and cold forging with subsequent to-spec machining, their kits would be very-very expensive.
as i understand they are small business limited production company at best. therefore they will employ lot's of CNCing and on much smaller scale. CNC-ing shit and small scale production = very expensive resulting product.

so forget about $350 full AK kits we've all used to see and love. and welcome to new age of american AK where you'll pay 250-400 for a milled receiver. 150 for a barrel. 35-50 each for sight and gas blocks
60 for muzzle device 350-400 for BCG. and best of all 35-40 for dust cover

anyone good with math do the calcs

Last edited:
I think that calling these things 'parts kits' is generous.

What parts is the kit comprised of?
•Trigger
•Hammer
•Disconnector
•Bolt
•Bolt Carrier
•Bolt Carrier Spring
•Selector
•Dust Cover
•Trigger Guard
•Magazine Latch

You will have a choice of steel that your kit can be made from:
•A-36
•ETD-150

What will I need to make the kit a complete rifle?

You will need a receiver, barrel with rear gas block and front sight block, stock, and forearm.

Doesn't mention trunnions, which are a pretty important part of an AK.

I think the whole 'pay us now and maybe get something later' is pretty shady as well.

What's the cost?

People don't need more rifles, there is already more than enough existing kits. People need training, like getting the **** into shape, going to the range and learning basics of marksmanship, not dumping mags for fun. It's hard work, may not be always fun, but rifle means shit if people can't hit a broad side of a barn in a barn dealership.

If they want to actually setup a new production line, they should make something that's more useful, like and SVD.

Last edited:
What's the cost?

People don't need more rifles, there is already more than enough existing kits. People need training, like getting the **** into shape, going to the range and learning basics of marksmanship, not dumping mags for fun. It's hard work, may not be always fun, but rifle means shit if people can't hit a broad side of a barn in a barn dealership.

They want you to send them $325 now, for the possibility of getting one of these 'kits' in a few months. I'm guessing that the contents of this kit might comprise 15% of an actual rifle.

interesting, let's see

looks like they are only focusing on milled receiver ak47 early variant.

they parts kits do not include parts crucial for building stamped receiver - trunnion (front and rear)

also sight blocks and gas block are not present on the list as well. i'd like to see someone building an AK w/o those.

all in all, UNLESS they employ same production techniques as russians do - lot's of hot and cold forging with subsequent to-spec machining, their kits would be very-very expensive.
as i understand they are small business limited production company at best. therefore they will employ lot's of CNCing and on much smaller scale. CNC-ing shit and small scale production = very expensive resulting product.

so forget about $350 full AK kits we've all used to see and love. and welcome to new age of american AK where you'll pay 250-400 for a milled receiver. 150 for a barrel. 35-50 each for sight and gas blocks
60 for muzzle device 350-400 for BCG. and best of all 35-40 for dust cover

anyone good with math do the calcs

What's the cost?

LOL.

Yes, but I am away from home for minimally 12 hours a day and work 6 days a week. I have much more time to shop online than I have to go to gun school and practice at the range. So...I shop and read gun blogs. :)

Just go for an M+M M10-762.

It's 100% new parts, mostly US made, reciever made in the Ukraine. It's as close as you can get for right now, I have one and shoot some really tight groupings with it. It's a modern AK with a forward rail system. I'd rely on it in SHTF far more than my WASR.

Last edited:
What's the cost?

If they want to actually setup a new production line, they should make something that's more useful, like and SVD.

y u hate fat people and barns bro?

It's 100% new parts, mostly US made, reciever made in the Ukraine. It's as close as you can get for right now, I have one and shoot some really tight groupings with it. It's a modern AK with a forward rail system. I'd rely on it in SHTF far more than my WASR.

say wut?
Ukrainian receivers how did i miss that?

well, you got to look at it as a business or non-profit (the whole "resistance", "made in US" bit)

1. If you want to promote resistance, then bring more people into the shooting world, organize training/competitions. For building SHTF rifles, there are still a lot of options left on the table.

2. From pure business perspective, there are many small and midsize shops that do just that, make parts for niche markets (assuming these guys aren't building Boston Mechanical Works) There was a sudden surge in milled VZ receivers on GB, then more recently surge in FAL receivers. Survival of those shops depends on how well they can make quality parts. If these guys want to compete, you need to understand how good they are at the game before investing cash into some future product.

IMHO, any type of "pay us now, we'll give it to you later" needs a serious track record before hand. Otherwise it's a gamble with a considerable risk. Given what they offer + risk, they are well above the price for me.

It generally came in under the radar since M+M couldn't meet the massive demand it had. It released with an MSRP of $500. I bought mine just two months after release and I got it for $740. Outperforms my WASR in ever way though, take a gander at youtube.

A secret US made AK47 with a receiver from "The" Ukraine?

I want to know more about this great model AK-47 that you speak of. I have never heard of it so it must be fantastic. You own both a WASR and a US Made Ukrainian AK47. How do they compare?

Last edited:
So does Resistance arms sell the best AKs? I'm trying to follow this thread and I am under the impression that Resistance Arms sells superior built (USA Made) parts kits for AKs. Someone has stated that they are incomplete, which is why I am assuming that these are AK parts kits.

Then someone stated that the Ukrainian made receiver built into a USA AK47 was superior. It, supposedly, shoots better than the posting member's WASR (even though it appears to be the same receiver- did Ukrainians build Romanian WASR receivers? It appears that they did... just my observations after many hours of my own research).

So, now I ask you members of the forum: do I buy a Resistance Arms parts kit and build it on a Ukrainian receiver? Where do I find these Ukranian receivers?

And how do I build an AK47? Assistance would naturally be requested, and perhaps required.

So does Resistance arms sell the best AKs? I'm trying to follow this thread and I am under the impression that Resistance Arms sells superior built (USA Made) parts kits for AKs. Someone has stated that they are incomplete, which is why I am assuming that these are AK parts kits.

Then someone stated that the Ukrainian made receiver built into a USA AK47 was superior. It, supposedly, shoots better than the posting member's WASR (even though it appears to be the same receiver- did Ukrainians build Romanian WASR receivers? It appears that they did... just my observations after many hours of my own research).

So, now I ask you members of the forum: do I buy a Resistance Arms parts kit and build it on a Ukrainian receiver? Where do I find these Ukranian receivers?

And how do I build an AK47? Assistance would naturally be requested, and perhaps required.

The Resistance Arms 'Parts Kit' is missing so many parts, that you would likely end up buying another actual parts kit to fill in the blanks (trunnions, furniture, sight post, gas block, gas tube, etc...), plus a receiver and a barrel. That's what makes this 'kit' pretty much useless.

You would typically buy an actual parts kit for maybe ~$400, add a $100 barrel and a $100 receiver, and then just buy your 922r compliance parts (fire control group, ~$40, and maybe a US made pistol grip or muzzle break ~$10). Then all you need are the rivets, tools, and know-how.

By the time you source all of the parts needed to complete the Resistance Arms kit, you would be spending all the money I stated above, PLUS the cost of the Resistance Arms Kit. This is why I feel that the Resistance Arms kit is a waste of money.

There are lots of threads and Youtube videos documenting how you build an AK. It's not terribly hard if you have decent tools and patience. If you are only doing one, you will spend as much money as buying a complete rifle. It is pretty cool to build your own, though.

Back
Top Bottom