AK-47 pre or post ban

Hey 84ta406,
Depends on the date of manufacture.

If Sept/1994 or later would be subject to the AW laws governing it being semi-automatic only.

If it does not have a bayonet lug, flash suppressor, grenade launcher mount or threaded barrel for such.
Then the Ag can determine if it copies an operation of or parts that an AW has making it therefore somehow a copy of an AW here in MA.

If you take out any part so it can not fire a round while it is here in MA then you are not a felon at this time due to it not being considered a firearm unless it is capable of firing a round of ammunition at the time of arrest. Or you admit or someone states they saw you firing said weapon. And if said weapon was manufactured after Sept/1994.

The AG said she will not prosecute if you acquired it before 7/20/2016.
Now if you are stopped and the rifle is capable of firing any town or state police agency can and most likely will prosecute you.

Now do understand why so many are outraged!

Yes I understand the outrage believe me! Luckily just looked, suffix code G- 1970

A lot of people think the year on the trunnion is the year the rifle was made .
The answer is yes and no .

That's when it was first made or at least that trunnion . As a full auto military gun .
At some point they took them out of service , cut them up and sent parts kits to the states . Then they got new recivier and built here .
Or they removed the old receiver built it on a new semi one that was in a config that could be imported.

I bought a rpk trunnion for a special build and when it showed up it was a 1986 trunnion. The year I was born , I didn't use it for that build . I had been planning on using it for a special build is a odd caliber ;)

Yea that place was known for lying to get sales. When i was new to the firearms world i went in and he sold me 2 "preban" ar mags. After seeing how new they looked i started digging and found out they were made by a company that started in the 2000's. Needless to say it was the last time i bought something there.

There are no pre-ban WASRs

The date on the trunion means nothing. It matters when the rifle was put together on the receiver.

Not preban but call century. If you give them the serial number they will tell you when it was imported/ made. I have called on a few of my century rifles for record keeping.

Yea that place was known for lying to get sales. When i was new to the firearms world i went in and he sold me 2 "preban" ar mags. After seeing how new they looked i started digging and found out they were made by a company that started in the 2000's. Needless to say it was the last time i bought something there.

Same here. The company on the baseplates was from CT.

Mine's a Romanian "G", or, "ROMMY-G" as they are known. Made in the 60's. Of course, the receiver is alot newer than that [thinking]

"1963" you're good!

31824593.jpg

Back
Top Bottom