• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ak 47 pistol mass compliant

would like to build but can they be made legal in this shitty state thanks

No. Unless you drill a million holes in it or something to make it lighter than 50 ounces. Have fun with that.

-Mike

If it is pre-ban they are exempt.

If not they are illegal. Doesn't mean that some folks don't have them however.

The gun is not in MA so it doesn't matter, but I am pretty sure he weighed it for fun, and it came in under 50oz. It was a home build on a 8 or 9 inch barrel.

Drool. Would love to see how you'd do it under the weight limit. Ak pistol I get , ar not so much cause of the buffer. Granted I've see those weird uppers that don't use a buffer.

An AK with no handguards and a bunch of holes drilled in it sounds like no fun at all.

It may or may not need holes drilled in it depending on how much it weighs. I just can't imagine a "lightweight" AK pistol being easy to pull off, then again, without furniture other than a plastic pistol grip, that probably cuts a lot of the weight off, too.

-Mike

Pretty sure we've discussed all the options on AK pistols and Massachusetts laws a while back here. I just can't find the link using a phone.

Tell you guys what, I will get drunk one weekend soon and document an AK pistol build and at the end weigh it so we can finally put this to bed.

Sent from my phone.

Back
Top Bottom