• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AK 47 magazine problem

193rdsoldier

NES Member
imgres

I just bought a couple of magazines for my M&M industries AK47 and I'm having a problem with them releasing from the gun. When I engage the release tab to drop the magazine, it is very hard to push. Like the tab on the magazine is to big. The 10rnd mag that came with the gun drops out fine and the tab is not as big. Would it be okay to file down the tab on the new magazines? Any of you have experience with this? I do not know the manufacturer of the magazines. The picture attached is just a reference.

go slowly, but yes you can file it as you suggest. Worst that happens you destroy a magazine. When fitting things, generally, remove material from the cheaper part first.

You are much better off sticking with surplus mags for an AK. They are cheap and readily available. Aftermarket mags are very hit or miss. Like the others suggested, modify the mag, not the rifle. That way if you remove too much, you are only out a mag that didn't work well anyway.

You are much better off sticking with surplus mags for an AK. They are cheap and readily available. Aftermarket mags are very hit or miss. Like the others suggested, modify the mag, not the rifle. That way if you remove too much, you are only out a mag that didn't work well anyway.

The man speaks truth. (please post here more often if you have the time, by the way! [grin])

I use only surplus mags for my MAK90 and only one have I had to work on a little to get it locking/ unlocking correctly. It's very easy.

go slowly, but yes you can file it as you suggest. Worst that happens you destroy a magazine. When fitting things, generally, remove material from the cheaper part first.

Agree, and by SLOWLY, that means ONE STROKE OF THE FILE AND TEST, not two or three and test.

If you do happen to over file, they can be built up with a bead of weld and filed again.

They don't have to fit tight as a bulls ass either, some play is acceptable and will not affect operation of the gun.

I took every AK and every mag I owned and layed them all out, testing every mag in every gun so there was no mag that didn't fit every one of them. Had to modify a few but I won't ever have the problem of grabbing a mag that won't fit.

ETA: Whatever you do, don't modify the mag release on the gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
please post here more often if you have the time, by the way! [grin])

I have been coming by more frequently now that my little stalker/troll friend is back under his bridge. Last count, I think he was up to 57 neg reps against me. Funny that I've never received one from anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom