AK-47: if you had to buy just 1 (or 2)

I had a MAK90 years ago, and traded it towards a Luger. Then a few years later I had to buy another MAK90 because I missed my first one so much.

I love me a preban underfolder... for looks. I owned one, but didn’t regret selling it. Still, if I found a nice one in good shape I’d love to pick it up. The MinShan in the classifieds is a great one, but I lack the cashola. That, plus a Valmet would be my two that I really want to find.

I have a WASR. It does everything I need it to. I love it since I made my own furniture for it. I doubt I’ll sell it. But truthfully, since I found my Vz58 I’ve got my x39 bases covered. Anything else is just gravy.

Update: I bought the Min Shan. Holy cow. I’m used to my WASR, which I enjoy shooting, or the sticky old cerakoted underfolder I used to have... but this one blows those out of the water.

Pre-Norinco was doing excellent fit and finish, circa 1983. Wow.

I’ve had a couple Arsenal sam7’s and an slr107, both are awesome. The milled receivers were buttery smooth. Shot a bunch of others, Chinese, Hungarian, Romainian. All nice rifles. I would buy a polytech, Norinco, or arsenal. Couldn’t go wrong with any of those. Under folder variants look cool but aren’t super comfortable to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom