• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Airsoft for force-on-force scenario

MJM

Airsoft for force-on-force scenario. Is anyone using this application? If so, what is your experience with it. How could i apply it to my training and training with others?

Airsoft simulations are a major part of our Defensive Handgun 300 classes.
The lessons that can be learned are usually very valuable.
It is vitally important the the Airsoft simulations not be treated as a game. The minute that any gaming aspect enters the simulation the instructor must STOP the scenario.
It is also important that the role players make every attempt to realistically play out their roles.

The most important part of this type of training is to find out what you can and can not do in a given situation. What works for a fit 20 year old may well not be an answer for a 40 year old couch potato.
Rest assured that there are techniques that work even for the couch potato

I've used this for a long time, both in firearms and tactics training aswell as hand to hand. If you set up the training to mimic real situations then the airsoft can become a great tool for learning what is often difficult to teach using live firearms. Shoot/no shoot drills are my favorite as well as close quarters tactics that mimic what often happenes in a street confrontation.

As Jim said, don't treat it as a game or you wont get nearly as much out of it and it wont be realistic for all those involved.

Back
Top Bottom