• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Airline Approved Gun Cases?

Planning a trip by air and plan to take along the Sig. Anyone have recommendations for an airline-approved two-pistol gun case? My priority is on protection of the hardware, not price. I'm leaning toward all-metal construction. Your input would be valued. Thanks in advance.

This past weekend I flew from GA to Mass. and back. I travelled with my rifle in a Starlight case. These things are built like a tank. They are a very hard thick plastic, water tight, etc. They also make pistol cases. Check those out but they're not cheap.

I've had good luck with the Pelcian cases (www.pelicancase.net). The Model 1400 is a nice size for several handguns - I pack them in gun rugs instead of the case foam, as that leave room for magazines and accessories.

I recommend keeping the ammo in a separate case. Although TSA regulations definitely do not require this, I have run into TSA staff at Logan airport which thinks this is a regulation and had to do some on the spot repacking.

I also recommend getting the case in orange or yellow (mine is yellow, but I don't see the 1400 in that color now), is it will stand out more on the luggage carousel or in the hands of anyone trying to walk off with it.

Back
Top Bottom