Air National Guardsman, 21, is arrested after 'applying to be a HITMAN on spoof rentahitman.com' to make some extra cash

Reptile

NES Member

Air National Guardsman, 21, is arrested after 'applying to be a HITMAN on spoof rentahitman.com' to make some extra cash​

• A Tennessee man is facing federal charges for attempting to engage in a murder-for-hire scheme with an undercover FBI agent
  • Josiah Ernesto Garcia, 21, needed money to support his family and searched online for a job as a hitman in mid-February on rentahitman.com, a parody site
  • Garcia submitted an inquiry to the website to work as a hit man with the website owner then forwarding his information to the FBI

Maybe he made a parody response to a parody site? That should be allowed. If the site is legal due to it being a parody, so should responses to it.

Of course, I didn't read the article to see how far he went with it. If he starts meeting people to discuss jobs, then, well, no longer a parody.

I read the article quickly. He repeatedly contacted the site for work as a hitman, the site turned his info to the FBI, the FBI created a sting for a fake contract hit in what appears to be a good case for entrapment.

At least he wasn't posting TS documents online to impress his little buddies.
My first thought was that it was probably the same doofus doing both.

In all seriousness? I suspect that if I really needed a hitman, I could probably find one pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom