AIR GUN QUESTION

Hi...does an air gun rifle bought out of state have to go thru an ffl or can it be shipped directly to me? Seller isn't sure..says some states don't require an ffl...any info appreciated.

What Tater said is right. You can have pellets, BBs shipped here too. Airguns are not considered "firearms" in MA. At least they got that right...so far.

Don't be surprised to find that some firms, including Midway, will not ship an air rifle to Mass. They told me it's a "business decision", and they understand the air guns are not restricted here. Still, they will not ship.

I can go buy an air gun at my local hardware store. I think the only requirements are 18+

I ordered one online, Amazon to be exact. Just make sure the seller isn't affiliated with those big-box or catalog stores. "Corporate policy" at those places is ridiculous. Sportsman's guide is absolutely insane in that regard.

Definitely not "firearms," so no problem shipping them.

What state are you in? Corporate policy is what's going to get you. Many places will not ship to MA, and many of the big box stores (Wal Mart) surrounding MA require an FID in order to purchase a pellet/BB gun.

I had one associate in a Maine Wal Mart tell me that my MA LTC-A/NR would not be sufficient to purchase a pellet/BB gun under corporate policy, but could she interest me in a blackpowder rifle? [rolleyes]

As was shown recently in another post about a teenager who was charged for shooting fellow students with an air-soft pistol "BB-Gun" A BB-gun is not a firearm and does not require an FID or LTC, however it is classified as a "Dangerous Weapon" and, with a few exception, is illegal for anyone under 18 to possess.
(Under the supervision of an adult and on ones property are two exceptions)

Back
Top Bottom