Air Force updates its dress code policy to include turbans, beards and hijabs

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
The Army used to have a dress white uniform. The only place I ever saw anyone wearing it was in photos of West Point graduations. It was just like the Class A, only in white; all the officers on the graduation dais would wear it.

Used to have khakis, too. On an unrelated note, all hail the reversion back to pinks and greens. GREAT decision.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I recall dress whites (trousers for staff and officers and those on ceremonial details) in the USMC cannot be worn after labor day
One of many fun parts of being senior enlisted USCG - my uniforms are all blue, and nobody is likely to hassle me about which one I wear. If they can sort out our uniform regs and call me out fair and square, I’ll concede defeat, but I can’t even figure that shit out in most cases. Hell, one single manual directs several “only ways” of tying a necktie.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Army used to have a dress white uniform. The only place I ever saw anyone wearing it was in photos of West Point graduations. It was just like the Class A, only in white; all the officers on the graduation dais would wear it.
Tropical whites. They were worn in Panama and Hawaii.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... everything is waiverable and always has been.
When I arrived at Airborne School, on the first day they announced that all medical profiles, including shaving profiles, would have be to reviewed by Fort Benning medical personnel, and the process would take about four weeks.

Airborne School is three weeks. ;)

usp45ct

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What could go wrong changing 50+ years of tradition to accommodate what 1%? Of the service.

Like xjma99 said Sikhs are cool. I just hate to see traditions falling.

By the same token, beards etc were tradition for over 150 years so....

Really, I could not care less. It’s not he person not their attire that I trust or don’t trust with my life.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Everyone loves a little outrage over something that won’t impact them a bit nor even really changes anything.

I’ll be starting a thread expressing outrage over Jews being allowed to wear their little hats in uniform shortly. It really grind my gears! 😆

Top Bottom