AimPoint ACRO

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Looks interesting for old eyes. Been an AimPoint user for many years and trust the brand.
Anybody using one on a carry gun? I’m thinking on a Sig 239 and 220 as they are my common carry. Would not think about it in smaller frames.

Thoughts? Not a lot of size change from the Trujicon RMR.

Looks interesting for old eyes. Been an AimPoint user for many years and trust the brand.
Anybody using one on a carry gun? I’m thinking on a Sig 239 and 220 as they are my common carry. Would not think about it in smaller frames.

Thoughts? Not a lot of size change from the Trujicon RMR.

I don't think these are available here yet.

They aren't out in the wild yet. I will definitely be lining up to give it a try when they hit the streets. I am heavy on the RMR-wagon right now, but this could be a contender.

Watching the above video made me realize how different the mounting is compared to my DPP. For Glock MOS guns, is there a plate available already? I really wouldn’t want to get a separate slide (or 2 as I have a 19 and 40).

Watching the above video made me realize how different the mounting is compared to my DPP. For Glock MOS guns, is there a plate available already? I really wouldn’t want to get a separate slide (or 2 as I have a 19 and 40).

I think I read somewhere that the ARCO comes with an MOS plate. It mounts like a mini pic rail which makes it the only MOS interface I'm interested in. I'm pretty big gay for the optic and am thinking about ordering a Gen 5 19 MOS slide for one to swap out on my 19x.

I think I read somewhere that the ARCO comes with an MOS plate. It mounts like a mini pic rail which makes it the only MOS interface I'm interested in. I'm pretty big gay for the optic and am thinking about ordering a Gen 5 19 MOS slide for one to swap out on my 19x.

Interesting - that’s huge they came up with that at the same time, rather than having an adapter trail a couple/few months after release.

Are the Gen 5 slides compatible with prior generation Glocks?

Tested with the awesome fortay!

Thoughts? Were you running an optic beforehand, and if so, which?

Interesting - that’s huge they came up with that at the same time, rather than having an adapter trail a couple/few months after release.

Are the Gen 5 slides compatible with prior generation Glocks?

Thoughts? Were you running an optic beforehand, and if so, which?
I was referring to the test video that stated they tested with .40 as opposed to 9mm. I have not "yet" run an optic on any of my pistols but am considering as the eyes are getting old...

It looks like a school bus. I don’t see how more “special” this would be for field use vs a traditional RD.

It has several advantages compared to something like an RMR. In an RMR, the emitter is at the back and it projects forward onto the glass. The glass on an RMR is kind of like a cup, and it can catch debris and mud if you are crawling around. If you get mud on the back glass of the RMR, then you can’t see the dot and it is hard to clear. Same if you get dirt on the RMR emitter.

In the Acro, the emitter is contained within the body, so you can’t get any debris (water, dirt, etc) between the emitter and the glass. Since the front and rear glass of the Acro are flush, they are less likely to scoop up or hold debris and they are easier to clear of water, etc.

Also, unlike the RMR, you can change the battery of the Acro without removing it. Aimpoint is also claiming it is more robust, though time will tell.

Compared to other Aimpoint red dots, the Acro is apparently significantly smaller.

Finally, the guys at Inrange claim it is easier to pick up the dot on the Acro than it is with the RMR.

Downside is that the Acro seems bulkier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom