• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Aimoint PRO

Any Aimpoint PRO owners out there? How do you like the optic as compared to an Eotech? Thinking about picking one up but want to make sure it's worth the $400ish.

I switched from an EOtech to an Aimpoint PRO and am very happy with my decision. I like the simple dot as opposed to the reticle on the EOtech, and it's nice being able to leave the dot on all the time.

I switched from an EOtech to an Aimpoint PRO and am very happy with my decision. I like the simple dot as opposed to the reticle on the EOtech, and it's nice being able to leave the dot on all the time.

Thanks.

And if understand correctly, the PRO has an integrated mount for a rail system, i.e. no need to purchase a mount?

I never played with an Eotech, but I'm happy with my Aimpoint PRO. And I'm glad I did not get the Eotech.

I like the included mount as well. I trust it will keep a zero if I decide to swap optics for any reason.

I plan to get one eventually just for the "always on" feature. I run an Eotech with a Larue QR mount on one of my ARs and love it for what it is. I will admit though, that the Aimpoint knockoffs (Primary Arms) that I run on other rifles work very well, and as others mentioned, the single dot is very quick to acquire for speed shooting multiple targets. I'd say it's worth the money, but if you want to experiment, just buy one of the PA red dots to try out to make sure that is what you want. Worse case, they always sell quickly in the classifieds for nearly what they cost new if for some reason you didn't want to keep it. I'm actually running one on my KSG right now because I couldn't see investing big money in an optic for a shotgun, and it holds zero perfectly, despite the recoil of a 12 gauge. I also run one on an AK, and that has held up very well for over a year now, and I've never changed batteries on any of the 4 PA sights that I own, some of which I have had for 5 years now. If you have the cash for the PRO though, I wouldn't say you could go wrong with that either based on the reviews I've read over the years.

I have the Comp M3 but there are very few differences between the two (if any). Battery life, simplicity, and reliability are the outstanding reasons that I went with Aimpoint over Eotech. While not quite as easy as a LaRue QD, the included mount does work well (if the big knob doesn't get in your way). Mounting and unmounting are not a problem.

Any Aimpoint PRO owners out there? How do you like the optic as compared to an Eotech? Thinking about picking one up but want to make sure it's worth the $400ish.

I have both, an Aimpoint PRO and an EOTech EXPS 2-0. If I had to choose one, I'd go with the EOTech.

Ok thanks. Looks like good feedback so I'll probably pick one up.

Anyone want to buy an EoTech XP2-0 ha! Will be on classifieds later tonight.

I have both, an Aimpoint PRO and an EOTech EXPS 2-0. If I had to choose one, I'd go with the EOTech.

I also have both. They are both great optics. If I were forced to choose one it would probably be the PRO.

EOTech pros: bigger sight picture, built like a tank, nice solid QD feature
PRO pros: single dot reticle is quicker (for me anyway), easier to turn on and off, battery life is much longer, protective covers, less money. ETA: and being able to aim with the covers closed is really cool.

Last edited:
I plan to get one eventually just for the "always on" feature. I run an Eotech with a Larue QR mount on one of my ARs and love it for what it is. I will admit though, that the Aimpoint knockoffs (Primary Arms) that I run on other rifles work very well, and as others mentioned, the single dot is very quick to acquire for speed shooting multiple targets. I'd say it's worth the money, but if you want to experiment, just buy one of the PA red dots to try out to make sure that is what you want. Worse case, they always sell quickly in the classifieds for nearly what they cost new if for some reason you didn't want to keep it. I'm actually running one on my KSG right now because I couldn't see investing big money in an optic for a shotgun, and it holds zero perfectly, despite the recoil of a 12 gauge. I also run one on an AK, and that has held up very well for over a year now, and I've never changed batteries on any of the 4 PA sights that I own, some of which I have had for 5 years now. If you have the cash for the PRO though, I wouldn't say you could go wrong with that either based on the reviews I've read over the years.

Very well stated. I love my primary arms red dots. I haven't had any problems with any of them on my ak or ar's. I bought them because of price, figured why not try it. I understand they aren't the same quality as an aimpoint, but it gets the job done and does it well. If I need better quality, I'll buy the ainpoint.

I really like my Aimpoint PRO. Watch for sales at LA Police Gear. Every now and then you can get one for around $350-360. They routinely have 15% off coupons for the whole site, which saves you like $60 on a PRO and you get free shipping.

Bought a PRO a few months ago. Extremely happy with it. Paid $354 with free shipping fro LAPolice gear. Every month or so they run a percentage off code, 10-16% off everything on the site.

LOL. sorry for the DUPE. It wasn't there when i was typing...

Last edited:
I have an Aimpoint Pro and an EO Tech and I prefer the window and reticle of the Eotech but am still very happy with the Aimpoint and the battery life is much better. Both make it easy to get on target fast.
I have the Eotech EXPS 2 and the reticle gives you the ability to do some range estimation the Aimpoint can't.

I have both.
The eo tech is a bit better at short range...but over all I like the PRO better.
And the batterties on the PRO last a lot longer.
ggboy

Picked up a PRO from Highlander a few months ago. I like how simple and solid it is. The clear dust cap on the back is brilliant. Keep both eyes on target and you can take a quick shot without opening the caps.

Liked the PRO when I had it. But with my astigmatism the Eotech is just a bit clearer for me.

I don't understand this. Why is the EOTech more clear for you? I have some astigmatism too, and both optics have kind of a blurry middle dot for me. Do you have the single dot EOTech or the reticle?

I don't understand this. Why is the EOTech more clear for you? I have some astigmatism too, and both optics have kind of a blurry middle dot for me. Do you have the single dot EOTech or the reticle?

I have the XPS2-0. So the 65 MOA circle with 1 MOA aiming dot. Extremely crisp for me. The PRO, and I have looked through many of them, all had the "blooming" issue and were not crisp dots. Think more of a lens flare type dot. It was more like hundreds of dots making up one big dot, instead of just one crisp dot.

I have both also. I like the EO tech better. My only gripe is that I have an early model that takes these goofy "N" batteries which are pricey and sometimes hard to find.

I love my PRO. I want to get an EOTech though for the future just because the "window" is much bigger. The PRO is the better value though. If you go to a NES shoot, you can try both since both are so popular.

Why? I have an Eotech and have been toying with getting an Aimpoint to put on another AR so I'm looking forward to your response to the question why.

I prefer the reticle and window on the EOTech over the PRO. The former also feels less bulky to me even though it is less than a quarter ounce difference on paper. It does annoy me a little that the EOTechs don't come with a lens cover (though they are available through a third party).

Back
Top Bottom