AI Cameras Designed to Stop Mass Shootings

Didn't the SCOTUS shoot down infrared scanning?
Yes, they precedented stupidly.

The cops pranced around with an IR scanner
trying to find hotspots in the house of a suspected grow house,
in order to generate the pretext for getting a search warrant.

All they had to do was look at the electric meter spinning like a dervish
by using a telescope from the sidewalk,
to learn whether or not the house was consuming so much electricity
that there was a reasonable suspicion that it was filled with grow lights.

Would much rather have a “TSA rape scanner” invading my privacy than a hijacked plane

A more appropriate way to handle that would be to issue LTL handguns to every passenger as they board the plane and collect them as they leave. **

They might party but nobody is going to succeed in hijacking a plane against 100 passengers that are armed with rubber bullets and have a connecting flight at the next airport to make.

** Partial credit to Carroll O'Connor

You know local swat teams have a radar unit on their truck.
I'm sure it can detect things in your house from the street without any problem

I hope that was someone else in addition to me.

I refused a Shotspotter on my commercial building mainly because it records voices.

Nope - t
I hope that was someone else in addition to me.

I refused a Shotspotter on my commercial building mainly because it records voices.

Nope - I think it was you. This appears to be like Shotspotter on steroids.

(Thanks much for the concreteyness).

Puts me in the mind of some jabroni selling cell jammers
at one of the very last Northeast computer shows at Rockingham Park.

I was tempted to dime him out
until I realized that the security detail working the show
was completely engaged in holding up a cinder block wall.

You know local swat teams have a radar unit on their truck.
I'm sure it can detect things in your house from the street without any problem
Schneier on Security: Police Using Radar that Sees Through Walls
Comments
Michael And Ingrid Heroux • January 27, 2015 2:51 PM

We know that this is true. The radar they use not only sees through walls but they can focus the radar beam and burn your skin also, it can leave bad burns. They can also focus the radar beams on your head while you are awake or sleeping and it makes your brain swell in your head and causes severe headaches and you can't focus your thoughts. We have been forced by Canadian Intelligence to live in hotels for the last 5 years and when they get the rooms on either side of you they are not to far away from a person to burn them. Most people would think that your government wouldn't do that to people but we know that the Harper government does this. We have proof and witnesses. Follow the money.​

Plenty more from Mike and Ingrid on that page.
100% of which raises the question, "What is the frequency, Kenneth?"

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
The funny thing about the "if you haven't done anything wrong and don't have anything to hide" approach is that it's only your opinion. And you have no control over some functionary who decides you actually have done something wrong and has the power to do something about that.

Lol no one can satisfy you people. You don’t want gun control but don’t want artificial intelligence to help curb violence.

I genuinely don’t understand this forum sometimes.
Dude, really?

Constantly bombarding people with sh*t will solve something? Will you cover the entire city with these things?

Anyone that wants to kill will kill and this wont help, all this will do is create false positives all over the place.

Example:
Someone could drive right now fo downtown Boston and start shooting people.

Someone could drive by a HS football game, stop and shoot people.

Someone could drive to Logan airport, get out and start shooting people.

And this thing wouldnt be able to stop people.

Wanna shoot people at a concert? Someone could easily do it while thousands are waiting in line, no need to go in.

As you cans see, there are plenty of ways that sick people can cause harm.

Creating some sort of BS scanner wont stop anyone.

Not everyone is out to steal your privacy. We’re not interesting enough anyways.
That's where you are wrong. Our privacy and what we do is extremely valuable. Ask Facebook and Google about it.

You have no idea how much people pay Google and FB to know about you.

Last edited:
Lol no one would be can satisfy you people. You don’t want gun control but don’t want artificial intelligence to help curb violence.

I genuinely don’t understand this forum sometimes.

This shit is just more theater to line the pockets of pols and invade privacy.
If it were currently in full use, after being pushed to be put in place to "stop the violence", it would still have zero effect on anything that would be pretty much over before this lovely 'tech' could have done anything about it.

For example:

el-paso-shooter-620x330.jpg

Not everyone is out to steal your privacy. We’re not interesting enough anyways.

All depends on your definition of privacy...and what you consider 'interesting'. That freedom of interpretation is also allowed to the person 'judging' you.
You may, or may not see eye-to-eye.

Back
Top Bottom