AI Cameras Designed to Stop Mass Shootings

Obie1

NES Member
From the latest Fortune Magazine

"Patriot One, the Canadian company, uses a combination of machine learning and microwave-radar technology to spot hidden threats. Its sensors act as a kind of long-range metal detector that identifies concealed weapons, including guns, knives, and bombs.
Signals that bounce off solid objects are instantly analyzed for a match in the company’s weapons database. The system’s machine learning distinguishes between the highly suspect (say, an assault rifle smuggled in a suitcase) and the benign (a mobile phone in a jacket pocket), and then, if necessary, alerts security personnel. “It’s all about smart, distributed, low-cost networked security,” says Martin Cronin, the company’s CEO."

A.I. Security Cameras Are the Latest High-Tech Attempt to Combat Mass Shooters

Big brother’s knocking keeps getting louder.

If I recall correctly, there was something similar discussed here. One member was approached by either the company or local law enforcement about mounting it on his commercial property and he pretty much told them to eff off.

If I recall correctly, there was something similar discussed here. One member was approached by either the company or local law enforcement about mounting it on his commercial property and he pretty much told them to eff off.
Unfortunately, for every conservative who tells .gov to eff off, there are at least a dozen politically-correct corporate weenies who will welcome the proposal. It will be really interesting when insurance companies begin requiring these cameras in commercial complexes, such as shopping malls and supermarkets, which are open to the public.

What could possibly go wrong...
41RHSKNCQFL.jpg

Spoiler: Mighty nice microwave sensor you got there. Be a shame if someone blew out its PIN diode
drgrant likes this.
I thought I had a post somewhere in NES
about using a home-brew portable EMP generator
to blow out the jammers that hotels used to place in their wiring closets
to force road warriors to use their pay-to-play WiFi instead of their own cell phone hotspot.

But el no findo,
so Plan B was Ramsey.

Speed trap cops have been known to blow up drivers'
radar detectors at a traffic stop via
a point-blank discharge of their radar gun.
Hilarity would ensue if someone let the smoke out of the radar gun first.
("Huh, it was working a minute ago/Now youse can't write me a ticket...")

Last edited:
I thought I had a post somewhere in NES
about using a home-brew portable EMP generator
to blow out the WiFi jammers hotels used to place in their wiring closets
to force road warriors to use their pay-to-play WiFi instead of their own cell phone hotspot.

Those must be some sophisticated jammers, what do they do, ban all the channels the hotel wifi isn't using?

-Mike

So this idiotic false-positive machine, which will be calibrated to err on the side of "better safe than sorry" notifies a security guard that someone somewhere might have a weapon. Joe security guard, who gets these alerts all day but has yet to actually bust a would-be shooter, responds. Is he coming in at the "threat" with his weapon raised or is it more casual than that?

This anti gun technology will make some targets into hard targets.

Shooters will just move on to softer targets.

Crazy people bent on killing don't care who they shoot.

There is nothing that can stop a bad guy from just firing into a some random crowd.

(Or Stingray the end-users).
But at this distance I don't remember whether the practice was WiFi or cell interference.

Light dawns on marble head... so they jammed LTE to force Wifi only... that would make more sense.

I hope that was someone else in addition to me.

I refused a Shotspotter on my commercial building mainly because it records voices.

Lol no one can satisfy you people. You don’t want gun control but don’t want artificial intelligence to help curb violence.

I genuinely don’t understand this forum sometimes.

Would this constitute an illegal search? Didn't the SCOTUS shoot down infrared scanning? How is this any different? Because it's further down the rectum, i mean spectrum?

Just xray everybody when they walk outside in the morning.

Lol no one can satisfy you people. You don’t want gun control but don’t want artificial intelligence to help curb violence.

You think this technology will make a difference? You think it’s good for privacy? Liberty in general?

I genuinely don’t understand the blind and absolute faith in technology sometimes.

You don't really think that it will be used for the express purpose of preventing mass shootings do you ?
You're a funny guy.
Ok , I have another rib splitter for you.
Red flag laws will only be used to target violent criminals.

Not sure if serious. Gun control has nothing to do with violent crime (despite it being frequently sold as such) It's nothing more than a pacifier for stupid people and a political dummy
load so politicians can act like they "do something".

This type of tech... and along with it, the growing, distributed, unchecked surveillance state is a huge f***ing problem, unfortunately it will be far too late for people to do anything about it by the time the worst part of it rears its ugly head, and the social conditioning will already be burned into minds of millions of sheep by that point... it already is, to some degree. This ongoing destruction of privacy should disturb anyone paying attention. Is nothing sacred anymore? Or is everyone going to turn into a "what do I care, I have nothing to hide" brand of fgt moron?

Tell you what- "you people" who think you can curb violence with invasive technology, should go colonize your own little country and turn it into a police state, so the rest of us don't have to deal with the repercussions of that crap anymore.

-Mike

You think this technology will make a difference? You think it’s good for privacy? Liberty in general?

I genuinely don’t understand the blind and absolute faith in technology sometimes.

FWIW I don't necessarily have a problem with technology, but the way this type of stuff is being marketed and applied etc, there is very little concern about abuses by the
system. There is no deliberate effort by any parties involved to protect anyone's privacy or similar, no protections, and no consideration for the future potential for abuse despite
current protections. Let's put it this way, if Hitler or Stalin were still alive they'd practically be rubbing one out if this kind of tech existed.

-Mike

Not everyone is out to steal your privacy. We’re not interesting enough anyways.
Lol so when the x-ray machine picks up the pack of rubbers in some lady's purse and the guys in the remote booth are cracking jokes about her, that's not an invasion of privacy? And make no
mistake, in time, due to facial recognition, etc, they will have no trouble identifying her, either, making this kind of thing that much creepier than even the TSA rape scanners at the airports.

-Mike

Lol so when the x-ray machine picks up the pack of rubbers in some lady's purse and the guys in the remote booth are cracking jokes about her, that's not an invasion of privacy? And make no
mistake, in time, due to facial recognition, etc, they will have no trouble identifying her, either, making this kind of thing that much creepier than even the TSA rape scanners at the airports.

-Mike
Would much rather have a “TSA rape scanner” invading my privacy than a hijacked plane

Back
Top Bottom