• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ahh the dilemma of deciding on parts..

I’m currently building a Mk18 mod 0.. and on the midst of search and research I cam across a company called ScalarWorks. Have you heard of them?
So apparently they make an awesome rear sight that would look tits on any build.
I have recently purchased the correct rear sight for my build ( the LMT tactical fixed rear sight) and the correct Aimpoint Pro Mount (Wilcox).
But now I have came to a serious dilemma.. I’m really digging the look of the ScalarWoks Mount for the Aimpoint PRO and the look of their fixed rear sight.

PLEASE HELP me brothers .. :(

I like the adjustment on the front sight of the scalarworks but that rear sight ? IDK it just looks unfinished and no rear sight adjustment would drive me nuts? Then again your building a platform that s geared towards hits on target results not so much aiming for small groups at various distances?
I assume you dont have a fixed front sight.
I just think you loose the look if you have a A2 front sight/base and stick a non A2 rear sight on.
If your running a rail like a mod1 out over the gas block those scalar works sights would look good but Im to cheap @ $239 I might pass , also assume you mean the "PEAK" sight set?
I will also add the front sight post is to thin for me at .050"

Last edited:
I like the adjustment on the front sight of the scalarworks but that rear sight ? IDK it just looks unfinished and no rear sight adjustment would drive me nuts? Then again your building a platform that s geared towards hits on target results not so much aiming for small groups at various distances?
I assume you dont have a fixed front sight.
I just think you loose the look if you have a A2 front sight/base and stick a non A2 rear sight on.
If your running a rail like a mod1 out over the gas block those scalar works sights would look good but Im to cheap @ $239 I might pass , also assume you mean the "PEAK" sight set?
I will also add the front sight post is to thin for me at .050"
Right, no long distances for this build.
The barrel has a FSB
.. it just looks so sick

depends on how authentic you want the clone to be, some guys a sticklers from the clones to be exact. I would do what I thought looked better, and price would say my decision. Some iron sights can be crazy expensive, but then again if you are doing a clone, budget really cant be a concern.

depends on how authentic you want the clone to be, some guys a sticklers from the clones to be exact. I would do what I thought looked better, and price would say my decision. Some iron sights can be crazy expensive, but then again if you are doing a clone, budget really cant be a concern.
Yeah , maybe the red dot puts it out of the mk12/0 clone attempt ?
OP have you checked out the PRI sights? There dumb money also. Although might play the part better.
In mid 2000s my only Friend in the Army sent me pictures through his dad of his or his units mk12 . No idea what rear sight it had but had a front sight that looked like PRI front sight assembly. Also looked like it sported one of those uberti 10x style scopes.? He retired while back and has since vanished into the south pacific . I see his dad once in a while and he gives me up dates what island hes on now.

Last edited:
Get the Aimpoint mount. I got the leap/scope because I use it on a Tavor sometimes and am a weight concious whore. Compared to something like geissele, you can get it mounted tighter by hand and the dial isn’t obtrusive.

I think ill get everything and see which I like better in person.. ill return whatever I dont like lol

i'll post some pictures so you guys can help me choose

I like the top better...
The bottom with that rear sight looks off?

I know it would stray from clone status but if you ditched the front sight and put a railed handgard and bought the sight set i think it would look better?
I dont like how red dots look on ARs so my imput is nil.

Back
Top Bottom