• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ah, Good 'Ol Boston

Modern hippie love fest over there. Read about 10 sec worth and couldn't take anymore.

I'm glad people are motivated rather than apathetic, but it doesn't do any good if you don't understand the problem.

More useless feel-good bullshit

yeah, it'a really sad. but oh well. you can't undo years of indoctrination. the only way some of them get it is when they move away and wake up. but the majority stay happily confined "in the city" [laugh]

ETA: looking through the page, it's hard NOT to troll. [rofl][rofl] i love drama book!

Last edited:
Looks to me like an attempt to sell some type of clothing. I guess Facebook is cheaper than paid advertising.

I don't know how wearing an item of clothing is going to stop violence....well, maybe if the company was selling ballistic vests. [smile]

Are you guys for real? I could only find a couple anti-gun comments on the page.

These are people whose lives are affected by gang violence and they are trying to come together and do something about it. Seems to me they understand EXACTLY what the problem is. Who knows if a little facebook group like this will have any impact, but at least it's connecting people and letting them share ideas and see that there are other people out there pissed off about this too.

This goes for everyone - ESPECIALLY for my young ones - Honestly, if you have a peer, neighbor, associate, friend, family member etc. & you see that they are not doing the right thing - be a REAL friend & tell them to go school, get a job, find an interest, and stay out of trouble and harms way.

This why I say, if you KNOW someone that carries weapons for the wrong weapons - PLEASE talk to them. You could save a life.

Only if people sat down and talked about their differences....:-(...

I hate to say it but my generation values all of the wrong things...

Bring back the death penalty.. these people already know they have no death peanalty in Boston.. so they don't have any fear of taking lives.

So true and sad, people walking around "I'm no snitch " but, tired of the violence. It takes us as a community to stop these senseless killings. It takes a village to raise a child. This is just tiring it needs to stop.

it starts @ home....

If you were mayor, what would you do to crack down on violence & crime in the streets?

I f I was mayor I will tell the people to stop being scared and fight to take back your neighborhood...Stop letting these thugs take over the street....IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING.....

more jobs

More jobs and more teachers in the schools... we need to look beyond short-term fixes.

I agree about the jobs, but we need more jobs for youth mostly, in the 12-18 range. These are the ages that are getting into the most trouble. If more opportunities exist for these youth, they'll be less likely to be on the streets looking for money.

Provide more educational and recreational programs for our youth which in turn creates more jobs. Get some of these Young men and women who are already locked up in MANDATORY GED programs and have them speak at schools to the younger generation to let them know going to jail should NEVER be a option! Reach out to all of the neighboring churches to work together and have more nights available and appealing to the youth and neighborhood families. Provide more resources for single mothers, housing, contraceptives, STD testing. It's all about education

Its less about jobs. Were not paying young people off to avoid crime. They should be learning to take responsibility. You can learn that from a job, or your parents. I'm gonna blame it one of them.

^^ I agree with that too... and PARENTS need to get involved and be PARENTS... and get in the kids asses... Mommies and Daddies...

increase the level of punishment....more jail time but when in prison SERIOUSLY help these ppl...educate them, help with jobs when they come home..counseling will help, help resolve and talk about family issues...mental help

First stop slapping these kids on the wrist and letting them get away with shit,this shit starts at home when they are little and their parents think it is cute for them to b disrespectful,so when they get older they become out of control, and then they r the communitys problem child

Also the Samuel L Jackson video is pretty spot on:

"Blame your mother, blame society, blame your father, blame the gun, blame anyone but yourself for not being strong enough to put down the gun. To break the cycle."

Last edited by a moderator:
peshooter said:
Are you guys for real? I could only find a couple anti-gun comments on the page.

These are people whose lives are affected by gang violence and they are trying to come together and do something about it. Seems to me they understand EXACTLY what the problem is. Who knows if a little facebook group like this will have any impact, but at least it's connecting people and letting them share ideas and see that there are other people out there pissed off about this too.

Also the Samuel L Jackson video is pretty spot on:

"Blame your mother, blame society, blame your father, blame the gun, blame anyone but yourself for not being strong enough to put down the gun. To break the cycle."

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=depgWW3wakQ"]YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=depgWW3wakQ&feature=related[/URL]

go right e-head & mention that you carry a gun for self defense. [laugh]

the majority of these "inner city" anti-violene groups are extremely anti-gun / self-help.

they want more cops, more teachers, more summer jobs and all that happy-feel good bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I do feel badly, but the...'we need more teachers, jobs, free testing, help for single moms'....Um just go to school like normal people and study, dont have sex with idiots n have babies you cant take care of, wear a condom, dont be a thug...all easy decisions a person can make, but hey lets just get more money involved, cuz that always helps these people.

They aren't always easy decisions, especially when you have little or no guidance from parents, or even encouragement to make their mistakes. Its not like lazy stupid people migrate to the cities, it's that everyone who can gets out, and the majority of the time screw ups get passed down generations and generations.

I also don't see what's wrong with that fb page.

Mike

I went back and looked at some of the comments on the FB page. For the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with the page. People are lamenting the violence in Boston. They're venting about it. They agree that something needs to be done. They want solutions. I get all that.

The interesting thing is what suggestions are being offered. In fairness, there were a few pro-gun posts.

Constitutional Carry in all states, free federally-paid-for handgun training that is totally optional but high quality. Additionally, it requires a one-time check for insanity or felony. It can take no longer than 2 days to go through the newly established Bureau of Firearms and Explosives. Once you get this, you can now buy any gun, including full-autos and handguns. You need a background check for each explosives purchase, though.

All firearms restrictions removed. You can own any gun you want

There were also these:

That bullets DO have a name on them: Yours. Firearms are ONLY custom made so that when a gun is fired, a mechanism "tattoos" the bullet. Like Lo-jack, the "signature" stamp is located in an undisclosed location inside the weapon that is not reached/tamper proof. U r FULLY responsible for your bullets and u MUST report missing or stolen ammo/weapons. A limit is placed on the number of stolen/missing firearms/ammo before actions are taken. Filing missing/stolen reports are rewarded by only having to be partially responsible for crimes commited with your bullets. This will be faced with speaking at the funeral your bullets were responsible for, Again, there will be a limit on the reports/responsiblity follow-ups taken. After so many strikes, your ability to buy more guns/ammo is revoked for a period of time that increases your # of reports. (Feel like I got way over my head with this one. Keep looking for loop holes!)

Stop Handgun Violence is a Boston, Massachusetts-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that works to reduce and prevent injuries and deaths caused by firearms in the United States. The group advocates personal responsibility, public awareness, stronger legislation, increased gun manufacturer respo...

My personal favorite:

Kate Joyce: Higher cost for ammunition and a tax on it.

I can safely say that Ms. Joyce hasn't been shopping for factory ammo recently.

They aren't always easy decisions, especially when you have little or no guidance from parents, or even encouragement to make their mistakes. Its not like lazy stupid people migrate to the cities, it's that everyone who can gets out, and the majority of the time screw ups get passed down generations and generations.

I also don't see what's wrong with that fb page.

Mike

That's years of government engineered social programs at work for you. Lets not even mention the fact that the violence in a large part is occuring in a few of the larger cities with select racial groups.

I get sick of people blaming the streets for what happens, Blame the parents! If you let your kids run wild in the streets you failed as a parent raising them.

Sounds like the usual "we know what the problem is but have no clue how to fix it".

A lot of this has to do with a cultural norm called "no snitching" meaning no cooperation with the law enforcement and judicial communities. "Snitches get stitches". And because only the criminals and police are armed in Boston (for the most part), the "snitches" fear retribution for cooperating.

So allow peaceable, well-intentioned people to carry firearms at home and while away from home, and the problem with "gun violence" in Boston goes away. There's a reason why big towns in New Hampshire, like Nashua and Manchester are much less violent than most parts of Boston and Worcester.

yeah, it'a really sad. but oh well. you can't undo years of indoctrination. the only way some of them get it is when they move away and wake up. but the majority stay happily confined "in the city" [laugh]

ETA: looking through the page, it's hard NOT to troll. [rofl][rofl] i love drama book!
Brown bear breed and release program - support my application for Federal Funding. [rofl2]

I can't even click on that or my 14 day grace period will start over. They really don't want people leaving facecrook, but I got sick of them distributing my information without permission across the internet. I'm glad their stock tank and hope they go belly up like myspace.

If you watch the video it's not anti gun at all. He's trying to convince kids to not go out and kill people for revenge.

Why? Gangs are going to do it anyways, regardless if snakes on a plane delivers it or not. This is as effective as the D.A.R.E. campaign. Anti-gang/gun missions are like fighting a brick wall. I'm sure it makes the producers feel all warm and tingly knowing that they made a public service message.

I never understood the point of it all. Anti-tobacco, anti-gun, anti-drinking, anti-gang, anti-junk food....one common denominator between all of those, not a single one of them accomplishes anything except wasting peoples money and time.

sorry about that rant.

Why? Gangs are going to do it anyways, regardless if snakes on a plane delivers it or not. This is as effective as the D.A.R.E. campaign. Anti-gang/gun missions are like fighting a brick wall. I'm sure it makes the producers feel all warm and tingly knowing that they made a public service message.

I never understood the point of it all. Anti-tobacco, anti-gun, anti-drinking, anti-gang, anti-junk food....one common denominator between all of those, not a single one of them accomplishes anything except wasting peoples money and time.

sorry about that rant.

Sure, I agree. I just wanted to point out that the ad was anti-gang not anti-gun.

sorry about that rant.

as long as we save ONE, just one person, it will be worth it.

I have an easy solution to the issue of gangs and gang related violence/killings/etc in and around Boston.

Arm the citizens, train and instruct them to put "two in the hat" of whomever they see wearing gang colors, comitting crimes and whatnot. There might be a few that get killed back, but as the gangs are thinned out it will become much more dangerous for them to act publicly. When walking down the street with their colors and their droopy pants earns a hail of bullets, they'll knock that stuff off.

You know, I was in the process of writing another post, my first post, when I came across this thread.

I must say, I find some of the comments made by some of you guys to be very uninformed and downright upsetting...and that's me trying to be mindful of my word choice. I know this is the Internet, but you guys DO understand that we are talking about real people, actual people here, right?

I swear, I wish I could live in the fantasy world that some of you all obviously live in.

More "feel-good bullshit"? Really? There are parents out there mourning the deaths of their children, IN ACTUALITY. Yes, there are innocent victims also that get caught up in the violence. And yes, despite what a lot of you may think, there is a community out there that WANTS there to be change, that wants progress and a cessation of violence on our streets. Is it really as easy as arming all of the individuals that can and should be legally armed? Think about that for a second...I read one comment that basically said, "for those that can legally, gets guns...if you have a problem, shoot a mofo in the head...sure, one or two are gonna die, but eventually we'll clean the place up real good, right? Right?"

Really, guys? Is that really how you see the problem?

And then another comment that basically said, "move out". Because life is JUST THAT SIMPLE. Cracks me up in its simplicity. I was born and raised in Dorchester, and proudly. Bought my first home here. Plan on raising my kids here. Work a good job here. Have LOTS of my family here, at least 80%. Sure, let me just up and move away from everything I've ever known and loved...that'll solve the problem.

Next time there's a real discussion on the violence problem in Boston, lemme know, I will more than gladly participate. This is obviously not one...

Back
Top Bottom