• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AH C"MON mannnnnnnnnnnn

Where the heck is all the 5.56? Stores are getting it, but in small amounts. I'm tired of driving around in search of. Sucks having a new build with barely anything to put through it. Ok...that's my morning gripe.
[crying]

tumblr_m9ddfscXqK1qcirt8.gif

[laugh].

And then God created the reloading press...

Let me play The Great Kreskin here (god I'm old) and fast forward a month after he picks up a reloading press:

"Where the heck is all the small rifle primers? Stores are getting them, but in small amounts. I'm tired of driving around in search of. Sucks having a new press with barely anything to put through it. Ok...that's my morning gripe.

Very glad I bought a couple thousand at about .33 per round back in Sept. I think I've fired maybe 150 rounds of 5.56 since then. And no, that's not steel case stuff. Brass-cased PMC in bulk.

Awwwwwwwww, I have 1000 rounds of Tula you can have for a paltry price of $999 and you have to shovel my driveway this morning [smile]

I saw cases of PMC .223 at Collectable Arms & Ammo and Merrimack Firearms up here in "Free 'Murica".
I wanna say it was in the $650ish/case (That's right boys and girls $.65/round)

But if you are hard up, that's the best I've seen around.

Where the heck is all the 5.56? Stores are getting it, but in small amounts. I'm tired of driving around in search of. Sucks having a new build with barely anything to put through it. Ok...that's my morning gripe.
[crying]

if you would stop doing that then maybe I could find some. [angry]

I just found another 300 rounds this week at my house. It was in a small plain cardboard box, in the back of a closet, that I forgot about.

Its hard for me to keep track of it all ..... [smile]

I have several thousand pieces of brass , 5k primers , 8 lbs of H335 , maybe 2k of bullets , a swager , a Dillon 550 , case trimmer , vibratory cleaner ... snowed out of work and have a fire in the stove.

guess what I am doing this weekend ?

I have several thousand pieces of brass , 5k primers , 8 lbs of H335 , maybe 2k of bullets , a swager , a Dillon 550 , case trimmer , vibratory cleaner ... snowed out of work and have a fire in the stove.

guess what I am doing this weekend ?

Ummm...hazarding a guess: going to the theatah, then having tea and scones with the Queen, followed by ballroom dancing and rubbing elbows with the gentry.

Am I close????

[rofl][laugh][rofl]

Almost. The correct answer is : Getting closer to reloading. Prepping once fired LC brass is slow and time consuming. And slow. Still working on the primer pockets ...

Pbbbbbb...try getting 9mm. I almost went to the range the other day and brought my 9, not even thinking how little ammo I had left for it. "Luckily" MFLR apparently requires reservations multiple days in advance now. I went to FS just to see what they had and...yea...shit is scarce as hell. Better chance of seeing a Yeti.

I almost got a case for like $380 but I thought it was too expensive. lulz. Now it's like 450. Oh well, .380 is the same price it always was, I'll just shoot that.

I do love that I am getting AR lowers but own no magazines or ammo for this potential rifle. At the rate we're going it looks like it will be quite a while before I can get my hands on such things.

It's just a really ****ing shitty time to be in to shooting sports.

Timing is everything.

If you just got into shooting, you have half a leg to stand on in complaining about ammo nonavailability.

If you've been into shooting for longer than a year, there's no excuse that you don't have a stock of it already.

The handwriting has been on the wall for years. Most who bothered to read it aren't complaining.

[crying]

Did you try A&J Sporting Goods, in Housatonic?

Holliston Firearms apparently has a few cases. They're having a reopening tomorrow AM

- - - Updated - - -

Holliston Firearms apparently has a few cases. They're having a reopening tomorrow AM

Back
Top Bottom