Aguila .22 ammo feeding issue

Hi guys,

I normally shoot CCI standard velocity .22 in my target pistol, but I ran out. When I went to Four Seasons the other day the didn't have any more bulk pack CCI so I bought a pack of "Aguala SuperExtra" by Eley Prime.

I had not used this before, but thought I'd give it a try. Turns out it didn't feed consistantly from the magazine. When I pulled the magazine out it felt like something was stuck between the body and the follower (when compressed the spring it was very slow to return). I emptied the ammo out of that mag and tried my other, but the same thing happened.

I emptied the mag (having to rack the slide again for every shot. Then reloaded. This time no problem.

This morning I compared the aguila to the last box of CCI I have (saving for a match monday) and found the rim diameter was measuring a very consistant .272" on the CCI but the Aguila was typicly .273 with an occaional one up at .275. OAL was very consistant with both, as was the cartridge diameter.

I suspect that what happened was I had a round with an extra large rim dragging in the mag.

Anyone else experience this?

Matt

My Father shoots it out of his Walther target pistol and enjoys it. Not sure which model he has but I know its a high end Walther for target.

Back
Top Bottom