AG's office finds Manchester father legally justified in shooting death of son

SKumar

NES Member

CONCORD, N.H. —
The New Hampshire attorney general's office concluded Thursday that a Manchester man was legally justified in the shooting death of his son.

George Beliveau, 82, of Manchester, said at the time of the April 2020 shooting that he was defending himself after his son, Alan Beliveau, 59, attacked him. George Beliveau shot his son twice, killing him. The ruling means George Beliveau will not face any charges.

Alan Beliveau had been drinking and began insisting that George Beliveau was not his father, before repeatedly punching and kicking him, according to the report from the attorney general's office. George Beliveau, claiming he was scared for his life, shot him with a pistol, the ruling said.

When told that Alan Beliveau had died, George Beliveau began sobbing and said he had only been trying to stop his son from beating him.

An autopsy showed Alan Beliveau died of a gunshot wound to the chest, and the manner of death was ruled a homicide. He was also shot in the left arm and two more bullets grazed his left forearm and left hip.https://www.wmur.com/article/officials-identify-man-killed-in-manchester-shooting/32192966

I know, not the way to start the weekend. Very sad for the father to end his own. What else would you have done if you were in this situation?

That is one messed up situation. Gonna be tough one for that old timer to live with.
Yeah and living with "my son was trying to kill me" also?
Growing up my friends older brother was a f***ing nutcase.
He had 8-10 years on us.
One night while I was over his brother came home asked the mother for money , she said no. The older brother punch the poor lady full punch to face. Not long after the shit started dad came down. That was my first experience of seeing someone get beat down. His father pretty muched caved his face in. Unrecognizable by the time he stopped.

He stopped and went up stairs, the mother by this time came to her feet and stopped the father from coming down stairs again. This all happened within about 2 min. By then nieghbors and police where already showing up.
From what I understand the older brother was never seen again. We beat feet out the back...12 years old , crazy to see it. Years later my friend had said at one point that his dad should have killed him

@mac1911 damn bro. Mental illness is a scary thought- especially when it’s with someone you raised/lives under your roof. Hope none of us ever have to deal with something like this.

Back
Top Bottom