• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Agent loses appeal over shooting video

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
glock1.jpg

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- A federal agent who accidentally shot himself while lecturing children on gun safety lost his appeal Tuesday in a lawsuit over release of the video that subjected him to ridicule on the Internet and late-night talk shows.

http://www.aikenstandard.com/story/a0856-BC-US-Agent-GunshotVide-1stLd-Writethru-01-17-0639

I use this video as an instructional aid when I'm teaching the NRA Basic Pistol Course. This is what happens when you get too comfortable with your firearm and think you know everything. This is also an example of the wrong way to make sure your gun is clear. I always ask the class which of the three rules of gun safety he violated?

I use this video as an instructional aid when I'm teaching the NRA Basic Pistol Course. This is what happens when you get too comfortable with your firearm and think you know everything. This is also an example of the wrong way to make sure your gun is clear. I always ask the class which of the three rules of gun safety he violated?

All of them.

Justice finally served, I only wish he had to pay the government's costs for wasting our time proving what we all already knew.... He was an idiot.

Wow, I always thought that video was staged to illustrate that accidents can happen to anyone. I guess with it being not staged, that message still come through.

Did he try suing the ammunition manufacturer? Their product should not have been in his gun.

I always liked the second part where he limps over to the Ak to display how unloaded that one is and everyone in the room goes "NOOOOO!"

[Lee Paige's] ability to ... give motivational speeches.
[rofl]

At least it "motivated" David Codrea to create the "Only ones" category on his "War On Guns" blog.

I don't know why I'm still so curious about this event. I should just let it go as Paige is an idiot, but...

I'd forgotten that he only ended when the audience didn't trust him to touch another gun.

I have the feeling that all he did was burn his leg -- but that surprised himself. I suspect that he loaded a blank and planned to discharge it.

I was shocked that none of the adults at the front of the room reacted the way I'd suspect them to. Nobody looked for damage to the floor. None tried to retrieve a slug or see where it embedded.

I doubt we'll ever know for sure. Were there any criminal charges? Even if so, I'd doubt the whole truth would have come out there either.

--jcr

No, he definitely shot himself in the leg with a .40. News reports at the time specified that they brought him to the hospital and the bullet was lodged in his leg.

-Mike

I thought this part was interesting:

In his decision, appellate court judge Francis L. Quinn cited earlier case law which established that no good could ever come of the .40.

(OK. I totally made that up).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom