• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AG Ruing impacts Firearm Warranty and Repair

But later in the article it says this.
The MA Attorney General’s office called me back today and let me know that they have taken our concern regarding warranty repairs and replacement of broken firearms under advisement and have updated their FAQ to indicate that weapons now tied to the enumerated list CAN be sent by MA residents to us for repair or replacement with a different serial number as long as the firearm was owned by the resident prior to July 20th, 2016. The FAQ can be found on this site: http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.htmlby scrolling down half way and clicking the Q&A button. Here is the dialogue from the Q&A:Q: May I return a weapon covered by the Enforcement Notice to a manufacturer after July 20, 2016 for repairs or replacement under warranty? Any may the manufacturer return it to me thereafter?
Yes. If you purchased the weapon prior to July 20, 2016 you may return the weapon to the manufacturer, who may then return it to you after repairs are complete.

So what if you bought on July 20th.

I didn't, but the inconsistent wording is driving me nuts.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

But later in the article it says this.

Yeah it says "may return the weapon... after repairs are complete"

Doesn't answer question if you need the receiver replaced with a new serial #... Then you would need to FA-10... and then you are red-flagged on a list... Clearly the AGO's is just making up laws as they go along...

Yeah it says "may return the weapon... after repairs are complete"

Doesn't answer question if you need the receiver replaced with a new serial #... Then you would need to FA-10... and then you are red-flagged on a list... Clearly the AGO's is just making up laws as they go along...

This is what happens when you make up rules or laws without any sort of input from any stakeholders. You end up with a set of rules that doesn't fit the circumstances at hand.

Geez. If only there were someone at the state we could call to protect consumers from this sort of crooked practice the AG is foisting upon us. This hurts families and businesses!

Back
Top Bottom