AG Office: Sig Sauer MCX (Orlando) is still legal to own and sell

I don't think that finding any loophole here will help in any way form or shape. The AG can simply move the goal post whenever she choses to do soΩ. There was no due process involved in her royal decree so she can add to her list of banned weapons any time she wishes.

that same pages states:

the guy you talked to may as well be a circus clown or a comedian, because whatever they say has 0 legal weight.

- - - Updated - - -

see my earlier comment, they don't give "legal advice" [rofl]

Yep. This is how we don't have (new) Glocks.

"We will give no opinion. Just try it and we'll disallow it without explanation."

Given that a Sig MCX will accept an AR trigger group I would posit that it also is banned under the AG's "clarification"

Given that a Sig MCX will accept an AR trigger group I would posit that it also is banned under the AG's "clarification"

Of course it is. She mentioned Orlando specifically in her save the children speech.

I just called the AG office. I repeated the information in the press release that Maura's decision to ban AR15's and AK47's was due to the Orlando shooting. The man who took to call said that if the Sig Sauer is not an exact copy of an AR15 or AK47 - it is still legal to own and buy. I told him that it was the gun used in the Orlando shooting and asked why AR15's have been singled out if the Sig Sauer MCX was the gun used. He did not have an answer.

I also asked him what a person can do if they have an AR15 lower receiver that was purchased before the July 20th ban but not yet registered in MIRCS. He said it would be a problem if it was registered now even if it was owned before the 20th.

I registered all my stripped lowers the night of the 20th just for that reason

Called the AGs office with a recorded line (declared) but they stopped taking calls on that at 4... wtf.

Back
Top Bottom