AG-elect on WRKO

Joe Sciacca is filling in for Scott Miller this week on WRKO's morning spot. He interviewed the incoming AG this morning.
I was not listening closely, but I thought I heard Martha say that she supports the rights of properly-trained citizens to RKBA,
and that she would work with organizations that represent gun owners to look at the Harshregs as they might be too restrictive
and not serving any legitimate purpose.

Anybody hear this interview ?
GC [shocked]

Consider the grain (read: boulder) of salt taken.

Though she did use the word "carry" instead of "own" when talking about the rights of what she described as properly trained and licensed persons.

As to the AG Regs, her answer was quite Devallian.

Paraphrased: "I'll take a look at them."

Let's hope for the best, perhaps she won't be as bad as her predecessors. We'll just have to see. It couldn't hurt for gun owners to reach out to her and see what happens.

Though she did use the word "carry" instead of "own" when talking about the rights of what she described as properly trained and licensed persons.
Consider that she is a MA attorney, and that term "carry" has a different in MA than in most, perhaps all, of the rest of the country. Any movement with a gun, even if it is locked in the trunk of your car, meets the definition of "carry" - which is why a "license to carry" is needed for any non common-carrier transport outside of one's residence.

So, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions as to exactly what it means.

I don't believe it either... although she was pretty
slick about avoiding the issue on her site. I thought
GOAL gave her like a "D-" rating or something.

It's also remotely possible that she's not quite as snarky
as Reilly is (in terms of abusing the position) but I'm not
holding my breath. Most of the damage is already done
anyways (eg dealers scared shitless by reilly). Unless
she "undoes" some of that by issuing an opinion, or
someone starts testing the waters, nothing will really
change.

-Mike

You can't polish a lump of shit in to a diamond... [thinking]

But if you work real hard and have lab you could burn it, extract the carbon, refine and compress it into a diamond, and be in the poor house when what you should have done is bought a natural diamond.

Some of the rumors I am hearing do not sound very promising. Remember when the COPs were incensed over Healey's comment about having the MSP take over firearms licensing?

Well, how about the Registry (of Motor Vehicles?) doing it instead? This sounds so bizarre to me that I can't even comprehend something like this happening. I really hope that this "rumor" is a big "mis-understanding" about what was really said.

However, does anyone else feel uneasy about how fast this issue is unfolding? Does it sound like someone had a plan in the wings just waiting for the results of the election? People have not even officially taken office yet.

You can't polish a lump of shit in to a diamond... [thinking]

Derek- we all know shes a turd, we're just hoping it
smells different from Reilly, or that she will spray stink
on some other industry/cause for awhile. Thats about
all you can do in this state. When you go to the
sandwitch shop, every MA sandwitch contains shit, just
in different flavors and formats.

-Mike

Can you provide more details Frosty? Where did you hear that?

It would not surprise me at all to find out that they had a plan ready to go. They've been waiting for a long time to retake the governor's office and now that they have they are going to go full speed ahead in implementing their agenda.

The gun control act of 1998 was just one step toward stamping out the "gun culture" as much as possible in MA. They are now positioned to advance their agenda to the next step: complete registration and more bureacratic hurdles placed in the way of gun owners.

I know Mike. I'm just a little sick of hoping for the best and preparing for the worst in this communist state...

Can you provide more details Frosty? Where did you hear that?

Cannot elaborate, that's just the breaking news coming out from some inside contacts. I almost did not post it because it sounds so bizarre. This is one time when I really pray that I am proved wrong.

Wow. Well thanks for sharing it. Yeah, that IS bizarre to say the least. I can't imagine how that would work.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I will be watching from NH and hoping for the best for all of you guys.

I hear ya. Well we knew when Deval was elected that we were in for trouble and trouble seems to be headed our way. [angry]

I know Mike. I'm just a little sick of hoping for the best and preparing for the worst in this communist state...

By the way, wouldn't this piss the cops off? If the registry was handling it? Seems like that would still be taking it out of their hands and putting it into the hands of a state bureacracy.

Some of the rumors I am hearing do not sound very promising. Remember when the COPs were incensed over Healey's comment about having the MSP take over firearms licensing?

Well, how about the Registry (of Motor Vehicles?) doing it instead? This sounds so bizarre to me that I can't even comprehend something like this happening. I really hope that this "rumor" is a big "mis-understanding" about what was really said.

However, does anyone else feel uneasy about how fast this issue is unfolding? Does it sound like someone had a plan in the wings just waiting for the results of the election? People have not even officially taken office yet.

1) Reilly doesn't have such a list (or if he does, he doesn't publish it). Reilly implemented a set of handgun regulations in the guise of "consumer protection."

2) No, it certainly doesn't go away when he leaves office. The regulations remain in force until and unless the AGs office rescind them or the legislature passes legislation that would do the same. She would actively have to rescind or change the regulations. Whether she will change them (and if so, how) is anyone's guess.

...how about the Registry (of Motor Vehicles?) doing it instead?...

Well, isn't it just an administrative function which collects money and issues permits? Sounds like the current RMV.

Now, are they going to start banning certain models of cars? Will they classify drivers licenses the same ways? Doubt it.

Welcome to the RMV LTC Processing center!
The only one in the State will be located on Nantucket, open from 10am to noon every 4th Wednesday.

Please wait in line 1 for your number.

Then proceed to line 2 when your number is called.
Pick up your application at the line 2 window.

Proceed to line 3 for finger prints.

Proceed to line 4 for photographs.

Proceed to line 5 to have completed application and all accompanying documentation notarized.

Proceed to line 6 for formal interview. Interview Panel consists of Reilly, Barrios and Jacques.

Proceed to line 7 for psych eval.

Proceed to line 8 to submit application, photos, prints, interview results and psych results.

Wait 6 months. Then receive notification that your application was misplaced and you have to resubmit everything!

Heh, heh. Well I think she's shovelling shit against the tide if she thinks she can keep Derek here. Maybe if she stations armed guards at the border or something? [wink]

Ms. Coakley is only saying that stuff in order to entice Derek to stay here in MA and continue sufferin' with the rest of us!

The enforcement branch of the RMV is now MSP anyway. Administrators are administrators, it matters not to us what department issues their paycheck.

The MIRCS LTC/FID is created with the same type of technology as the RMV uses for DLs. Some states put the CCW on the DL, not that I'm in favor of that, just reporting it as fact.

I didn't hear Coakley, so the above is just for informational purposes.

I can't believe that she'll do anything to make our lives easier, but keep in mind that her office is totally INDEPENDENT of the Gov's office, so she can do as she pleases, there is NO OVERSIGHT (which is how we got in this mess to begin with)! She can only be voted out of office 6 (IIRC) years from now, until then she operates with a "free hand".

Back
Top Bottom