AG Civil Rights Lawsuit

In other news:
- State returns to slavery, court date set for 2019.
- State refuses women and transgender the right to vote, court date set for 2020.
- US Bans Muslims, court date set for 2023.
- Freedom of Speech now requires a may-issue permit, court date set for 2021.

What's that old saying? "A right delayed is a-okay'd"

Amazing how a bunch of people who don't have rights under our constitution got protected from being kept out of our country in a matter of hours but a fundamental right that is there in black and white gets to wait 2 years for even a first hearing.

Amazing how a bunch of people who don't have rights under our constitution got protected from being kept out of our country in a matter of hours but a fundamental right that is there in black and white gets to wait 2 years for even a first hearing.

Don't forget bathrooms. That got rammed through pretty fast. I guess dropping a deuce in a location of your choice > 2A.

The courts at all levels insist on treating the 2A as a 2nd class right.

Requiring ID to vote is unconstitutional because poor people are less likely to spend the $$ to get an ID, but the federal courts have held that charging hundreds to exercise even the limited Heller rights is not an infringement.

This is where civil disobedience would force the issue, just like Ghandi made salt - we can make AR's.

People have been shitting all over the AGs edict since it came out, making whatever they want and buying whatever they want, ,but in this case it won't do much of anything, in practical terms- in terms of getting most of the dealers to sell them again.

-Mike

The courts at all levels insist on treating the 2A as a 2nd class right.

Requiring ID to vote is unconstitutional because poor people are less likely to spend the $$ to get an ID, but the federal courts have held that charging hundreds to exercise even the limited Heller rights is not an infringement.

I thought it was closer to $1000 for NYC that the court ruled as appropriate.

This is where the ACLU is a bag of fail.
If they were really interested in civil rights they would file suit on behalf of some lower income minorities over that and probably win.

Some rights are more equal than others in some people's eyes. I have always thought the bill of rights was a package deal. If you accept one, you have to accept them all.

If they were really interested in civil rights they would file suit on behalf of some lower income minorities over that and probably win.

The way NYC operates, lower income folks never qualify for a firearms permit at any cost.

I got into it with a lawyer at the ACLU over this. He acknowledged that the licensning scheme in this state was open to abuse along racial lines, etc. But then made excuses for why the ACLU hasn't handled firearms issues. To be fair, special interests already cover 2A, but the ACLU COULD be more generous with amicus briefs and the like on 2A issues, even if they don't lead the charge.

Mike

I sent $50 today - this is awesome !!!!

Also, Maura (we all know you or your minions are reading this) - if you had left well enough alone, I bet this wouldn't have been filed. YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF - and with a President Trump in office. Of course, you don't really care about any of this. You have your sights on the corner office and this whole exercise has gotten a good chunk of Charlie voters to never vote for him again (including me).

But Charlie is the most popular Gov in the Nation with a 70+ % approval rating. The legislators likes Charlie, He kowtows to anything they want. M is a loose cannon with political aspirations far beyond MA and can't be controlled by the Legislature. Charlie is a lock for re-election.

I got into it with a lawyer at the ACLU over this. He acknowledged that the licensning scheme in this state was open to abuse along racial lines, etc. But then made excuses for why the ACLU hasn't handled firearms issues. To be fair, special interests already cover 2A, but the ACLU COULD be more generous with amicus briefs and the like on 2A issues, even if they don't lead the charge.

With their stated opinion on the 2nd A., their briefs would be poison.

https://www.aclu.org/other/second-a...nization-news-and-highlights/second-amendment
https://www.aclu.org/faqs#3_6
https://www.aclu.org/blog/speakeasy/heller-decision-and-second-amendment

That statement of theirs stands.

I'm amazed at the amount of taxpayers money she is wasting defending this law suit. Contrast that with a story I read this morning in Ohio. It is approaching the one year anniversary of the murder of 8 family members. The story describes how the county officials are trying to save money being spent on storing the 4 trailer homes that were the murder scenes.
I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a state were government officials are actually concerned with how they spend our money.

If you think that there are no MSR being brought in or built in the Commonwealth, I got news for ya.....

I know they are, and depending on how the lawsuit goes - what would the reaction be if 1000 citizens show up at the state house with these 'illegal' guns and dare them to arrest us? What if it was 10,000?

Ghandi made his salt, then others did and then began selling it on the streets in the open and forced the British hand into a losing position.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom